• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restored Catalog - Images are there, Collections are not... HELP

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help with this... I lost an external hard drive. I restored the hard drive. I have opened my latest catalog in the new restored external drive. The images are there. All the work I put into the images is there. The collections are not there... When I expand collections, there is a little start to the right of the word collections. There are no collections in the catalog.

I also tried restoring from my latest back up and am having the same issue. I tried to work around it, but now the system is lagging and the program keeps shutting down and won't open back up. It is working too hard for something.

Anyone???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it won't open at all. CRAP

Says file is corrupt. This has happened with three backups and my main catalog..... What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi dportraits,

Sorry to hear about the data loss. As you've mentioned that your computer is freezing and the app is crashing, have you checked when does the app behave unexpectedly? Which version of Lightroom are you using?

I'd recommend you to reinstall the app once and check that it is updated from the Creative Cloud Desktop app(if using a CC version)

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines