• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC crashes EVERY time I use it to scan something

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in real estate and this is an important feature for me that I do not get to use.  If it was every once in a while, no problem but when I sit here and scan in a 12 page contract and it crashes at the end things become frustrating quickly.  This also happens when I scan in a 1 page document.

Using an Epson WF-3640 to scan into Acrobat DC 2018.  If I finagle the settings and try a few times it will work occasionally but I would really like for this to work every time without guessing and assuming it will crash.

Anyone have a similar experience and/or a fix?

Thanks.

Jeff

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Hello Jeff,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, Acrobat is crashing while scanning using Epson WF-3640, Is that correct?

Please try resetting the preferences of Acrobat once and reboot the machine, to reset the preferences refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Make sure that you have the latest version of Scanner driver installed. You may also refer to the following Adobe article and try the suggestions Troubleshooting tips for scanner issues when using Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Jeff,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, Acrobat is crashing while scanning using Epson WF-3640, Is that correct?

Please try resetting the preferences of Acrobat once and reboot the machine, to reset the preferences refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Make sure that you have the latest version of Scanner driver installed. You may also refer to the following Adobe article and try the suggestions Troubleshooting tips for scanner issues when using Acrobat

If the issue persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat from the machine Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot and install Acrobat back from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC | Non-subscription

If you still face this issue, create a test user profile with full admin rights and see if this issue is reproducible.

Also, please share the following details:

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines