• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hex Codes in Lightroom ? Can you use them?

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just recently decided on my brand colours for my blog and have the hex codes for them and RGB. I want my photos to match the brand colours when I post them to my blog.

Is there any way to make the hsl sliders so they are aligned with the hex codes ? The colours I chose are an orange, blue and green shade so for my orange, blue and green colours in my photos I want the same tones as the brand colours.

I'm not sure if this makes sense, but I would love all the help I can get on this! I also have the RGB numbers for the brand colours as well. Is there anywhere i can just enter this in so those colours on my lightroom photos will be similar ?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Hi erynm,

Thanks for providing such a great feedback. Currently I don't think that there is a way to align HSL sliders with the color HEX codes.

I'd request to add this as a feature request on our Lightroom CC feedback community here: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community ​

Our Engineering team monitor this space to prioritize the features bucket for future updates and the one you've suggested could be a great feature for better color management across different websites.

Regar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi erynm,

Thanks for providing such a great feedback. Currently I don't think that there is a way to align HSL sliders with the color HEX codes.

I'd request to add this as a feature request on our Lightroom CC feedback community here: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community ​

Our Engineering team monitor this space to prioritize the features bucket for future updates and the one you've suggested could be a great feature for better color management across different websites.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the toning, or watermarking?

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One option may be to make a PNG graphic (mostly transparent, except for some patches of your branding colours) and then set this as an image overlay that will be visible while you work (View menu / Loupe Overlay / Layout image).

Then you can visually compare the colours in the image, against the overlaid patches and adjust the photo to your satisfaction. The colours in the photo may need to be merely 'reminiscent' of the branding colours, e.g. darker or lighter / perhaps duller, rather than achieving a precise numerical match... especially considering the real world noisiness and variability of a photographic image as compared to e.g. logo artwork. The overlay image would need to be turned off again, before output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines