• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The ”r; Bug

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2009 Feb 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the bug, where Robohelp 7 inserts r; after beginning quotes (instead of "word" you get "r;word").

I took care of most of these using the Multi-File Find and Replace feature. HOWEVER, many of them remain because Robohelp doesn't recognize these characters in certain topics. It recognizes the text in some topics, but not all topics.

Why is that? Why does the Multi-File Find and Replace feature find some, but not all, of these characters? I copy/pasted them into the search field, so the characters were identical.

Furthermore, Robohelp didn't even recognize them with CTRL+F - the simple "find" command.

Is there a fix? Or do I have to go through hundreds of topics, and manually correct this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2009 Feb 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has happened because you did not have the patches applied when you upgraded the project. Apply the patches does not correct the issue in RH7, you have to upgrade again or clean up manually.

The multi file find and replace tool only works on a single line like many such tools. If you use FAR or BKReplaceEm, they do work across multiple lines.

See Using RH7 on my site for details of the bug. The links page will help you find the tools mentioned.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2009 Feb 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using an upgraded version of the software. This is the full version, and I just got it a couple of weeks ago. Is that patch so new that they didn't include it in software less than a month old? Where do I go to get it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I was referring to upgrading the project, not the RH version.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh7/using_rh7.htm

Item 21
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I went to your site and looked at the links on the page you provided. Which specific topic addresses this issue in the full version of the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp