• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Release of Premiere Pro Won't Open Project

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first get the normal "This project was saved from a previous version of Adobe Premiere Pro and must be converted...."  when I open a project in the new version 12.1.

In the Location box of this same dialogue box, it has \\?\W:\   I don't know what this is but the normal drive is simply W:

When I click on "OK", I get the message "You do not have write access to this directory.  Please choose a new location to save the file."  I then browse to my W: drive, click on "select folder" but when I go back to the original dialogue (Convert Project), \\?\W:\ is still there in the location box.

I have been successfully working on this project for weeks on the W: drive and now all of a sudden in going to the 12.1 version, Premiere Pro refers to it as \\?\W:\

How can I solve this problem?

P. I turned off my virus checker and that made no difference.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that an internal drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not an internet drive.  It is an external SSD drive that I have been using with Premiere Pro for several years.  btw., I get the same message on other external drives that are not SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best advice I can offer is to use externals only for backup and archiving.  Work from internal drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Premiere Pro for years and I can't believe this new

version can only work with internal drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dgfitzpat1117,

Still facing this issue? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also having this issue. I have a lot of old project files that I very much need to access for this film project and everytime it opens them after converted the prjct file to 2019 it closes right after opening.

Any help on this would be great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually i have login, to use selective in lightroom how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines