• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely poor performance since the last update

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update, the performance has deteriorated drastically. Some tools in the development module are barely usable. My computer is just a few months old (iMac 5K Retina 27", 3,8 GHz Intel Core i5, Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB), the pictures are stored on a Thunderbolt-connected RAID. Everything went well before I updated to 7.3.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure face recognition and synchronizing with Lightroom CC are turned off.

Also, please be specific and detailed. Which tools in the develop module are "barely usable"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Affected are the tools for local adjustments (adjustment brush, graduated filter, radial filter) as well as the spot removal tool. Size and feather changes and movements take place only with significant delay. Sometimes it takes seconds for a tool to respond to changes. The situation is similar with setting changes in the tool panel (long delay until the changes become visible in the image).

Face recognition is (and was) turned off. I don't use CC sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are known problems. Adjustment brush and spot healing can be slow if you do a lot of them.

One thing that will slow down these actions is the GPU acceleration. Try turning it off  (Preferences->Performance->uncheck "Use Graphics Processor") but this may or many not cause other things to slow down.

Face recognition is (and was) turned off. I don't use CC sync.

It doesn't matter that you don't use CC sync. You need to check/confirm/verify/make sure this option hasn't been turned on somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree that Lightroom CC has become barely usable in all areas for me.  There is a several second delay to even zoom in, several seconds to wait for the photo to refocus, and a delay before you can zoom back out in viewing an image.  There is a noticeable delay when adjusting the basic sliders.  There is a massive lag when using the local brush adjustments, wherein I will brush the area then wait several seconds to see the results.  The program has become unusable since the last two updates (I currently am running 7.4).  I went through the tutorials for improving performance, including the above suggestions, and they do not improve performance.  I am not having these issues with Photoshop or other programs on my computer.  It has gotten to the point where I feel the need to revert to an older version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lag when using local brush adjustments is a known problem.

You can try turning off the GPU acceleration, this should speed up the local brush adjustments, but may slow down other things. If that doesn't make things fast enough, do the local brush adjustments in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dj_paige, are you just an ordinary member like me? Your well-meant suggestions are like a sleepwalker guiding a blind man. It's way off the mark and not resolving anything. 

Why do we, the paying subscribers, only have to put up with other mortals who ware just as much struggling with sub-standard performance?

We need Adobe executive assistance!!!!

I had to give up club membership this year, because I had too many unresolved performance issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines