• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring Lightroom to a new computer

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to move to a new computer but have run into some problems with Lightroom. I have everything backed up but there are two main differences with the new pc. Firstly my catalogs are currently on drive c:, but on the new pc they will be on drive d:

Secondly the file path for my user is different! Paul on current setup and Paull on the new pc.

Is there ant step by step instructions out there on how to get around these problems?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This article is from 2013.  How do you transer the develop presets to a new computer in the latest version of Lightroom CC Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy them from and to C:>Users-[your user name]>AppData>Roaming>Adobe>Camera Raw>Settings

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.  Thanks.

This worked, except that the presets I marked as "favorites" did not transfer to the desktop.  Is there a way to transfer the selected favorite presets to the new machine?

As a workaround I tried to duplicate the preset and place them into a favorites group...but lightrooom won't allow me to duplicate a preset and allow it to be visible from within two different groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Favorites is not a separate group of presets, it's a way to list some presets on top so you have quick access to them. You simply have to mark them again as favorite (right-click on the preset), not try to duplicate them and/or move them to the favorites group.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand this. But your answer does not address my question. I am trying to avoid having to go and find all of my favorites and mark them twice on a separate computer. I am trying to synchronize and mirror my lightroom system between two computers - a desktop and laptop, both of which I use frequently.  Moreover, I want to have some form of backup in the event of a system failure so I don’t have to recreate my favorites and other settings. Is there a way to do this with the latest version? The way the new version changes the handling of presets has been a huge disruption to my workflow and the lack of notice from adobe that this was going to happen is extremely frustrating at best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don’t know where Lightroom stores this information. Could be in its preferences.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines