• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 12.1 and corresponding Media Encoder completely unusable

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list of pissed subscribers. We create medical animations daily and was just treated to all of my clips in 12.1 somehow overlapping themselves despite their position on the timeline and blinking and flashing all the colors of the rainbow. Installed 12.1 and that went away in the editor. Tried to export an h.264 mp4 file, premiere went through Encoder and it spit out the same blinky overlapping result. Installed 12.0 of media encoder and everything is fixed. Horrible, Adobe. Mac Pro late 2013. Been dealing with the horizontal artifacts already from Premiere when the video cards get too hot, now this. I'm done with Premiere and wish I could be done with Adobe altogether. Happy to provide further info and sample videos etc., after I'm done stamping out this fire if you need it, but it seems like I'm far from the only one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, my original post should read that I installed 12.0 of Premiere and the flakiness went away in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If as Jim notes, it's a png issue ... there's a thread of three workarounds from users until the png/alpha issue is fixed.

PNG with Alpha Workarounds

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like that is the same issue. I'm not interested in workarounds as I use PNG's everywhere. The only workaround for me is sticking with 12.0 until I've navigated all projects away from Premiere. With the horizontal line artifact problems since getting the 2013 Mac Pro trash can and now this, I'm just done with Premiere. Thanks for the help guys and good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm always amused when people blame hardware issues on the software ... but I do totally sympathize when the app screws up a major workflow for many, many users. NOT the same thing. I've had issues like most others with a release that screwed up my workflow. PITA to put it very mildly.

And yes, I also hope they get this nailed SOON.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In our pipeline, only Premiere has an issue with the video cards. Yes, the cards should not be overheating, but only premiere is directly affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do understand. The comments around here have often been that 1) they want the GPU used more but 2) when used, it overheats in some rigs or in others (PC side especially) it overtaxes the power supply when PrPro really starts ragging it out.

If it's overheating or over-drawing the power supply, it's normally because it's working hard. Which is what you want the card for. I saw a long discussion about this with Bill Gehrke's participation in the Hardware forum a year/two back. When they really checked things out, when the card over-heated it was actually doing more than in other apps where it didn't.

So it wasn't that it was being used wrong, though I don't know if that's possible. It was being used hard.

I have heard of a few Mac users especially with the twin D700 rigs that eventually built an extra cooling fan in or around the case somehow to really flood it with cool air. A pain? Oh, heck yea. But their rigs worked better.

That's not to say that the PrPro team coudn't find more ways to use the GPU in general, which I think nearly all users would enjoy. Oh ... and better use of many-core CPUs ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi troyan,

Have you tried updating Premiere Pro and Media Encoder? Let us know if it fixes the issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines