• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why my hotkeys being forgotten by Photoshop?

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed it today when I've set everything to have some nice working hour on this lazy Saturday. I wasn't happy about to see all the hotkeys I set months ago were being forgotten by Photoshop. I don't like to redo them. Isn't the cloud would able to save my settings? Why doesn't it do so?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

You can save your custom keyboard shortcuts as a separate file that you can reload if something happens.

Then you can store it as a copy elsewhere for safekeeping, external drive or cloud.

Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 5.25.50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save your custom keyboard shortcuts as a separate file that you can reload if something happens.

Then you can store it as a copy elsewhere for safekeeping, external drive or cloud.

Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 5.25.50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also save keyboard shortcuts as part of a custom workspace, but if you change from that workspace to another, those shortcuts won't transfer over and you will seem to lose them.

I keep all three options as separate saved sets that I can keep and I uncheck those workspace options.

Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 5.31.27 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to me two or three times over the past month. I've always saved my workspaces but never needed to save the keyboard shortcuts till now. I also saved them as a KYS from the keyboard shortcut edit window just to be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IT is strange that it does that. I asked my boyfriend to make an exe that reset all the settings to mine. I use it twice a month, Photoshop just tends to loose that information time to time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines