• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some actions will not work

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recorded actions to turn on a layer, Save As JPEG, turn off that layer and turn on another layer and so on. Here's an example:

Show layer "Light Gray"

>Save

Hide layer "Light Gray"

Show layer "Red"

>Save

Hide layer "Red"

Show layer "Blue"

>Save

Hide layer "Blue"

When I run this action it saves three files as expected but it does not show each layer in the saved files. In the example above, the red and blue save but I cannot get the light gray layer to show up in the saved file. I've even tried to create an action with only Show layer "Light Gray" and that doesn't even work. If I record the EXACT same action to show layer but choose the red or blue layer it works perfectly. I have 35 different color layers that I need to save and 23 out of 35 layers are not saving correctly. As far as I can tell there is no difference between a working layer vs a non-working layer in the actions.

Any ideas? I'm using Photoshop CC 2018 on a Mac with High Sierra.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

I figured it out! Note to self... Do not label layers the same. It was finding other layers which were labeled the same and showing them but the folder they were in was hidden so I didn't realize what was happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a guess (without actually trying it out), try a command to select a layer first before you ‘show’ it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give that a shot, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out! Note to self... Do not label layers the same. It was finding other layers which were labeled the same and showing them but the folder they were in was hidden so I didn't realize what was happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fully expand all the steps in you action and Post a screen capture of the Action visible in the Action Palette. So we can see the actual steps not what you posted above. Also the document the action will be user on should be in the screen capture with the layers palette visible.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines