• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't modify photos in the Grid

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue for a long time and never found the answer: I cannot modify a single or group of selected photos in the grid.

Attempting to apply filters, deleting one or multiple photos will do nothing, unless I have a photo selected in the filmstrip. In that case, the desired action is applied only to the most selected photo in the filmstrip--even if that photo isn't selected in the grid. And it won't apply to any of the other photos in the group selection.

For example: I have selected several photos I want to delete in the grid. I press delete (with nothing selected in the filmstrip). Nothing happens. I hit x to flag them. Nothing happens. If I go to Photo and try to set a filter, all options are greyed out.

Another example: If I select multiple photos in the filmstrip and press delete, it will delete only the most selected photo in the filmstrip. If I go to Photo and set a filter to the selections, it will only apply to the most selected photo in the film strip. However, if I right-click the selection of photos and apply the filter, it will apply to the entire filmstrip selection. This has been my temporary workaround.

I can use the painter to apply filters one-by-one in the grid, but that's tedious and and completely unrealistic for large batches. I've searched online and dug through the settings. I can't find anyone else with this issue or any way to resolve it.

All I want to be able to do is selected one or multiple photos in the Library Grid, and delete them, or flag them. The only way I can do this now is by selecting them in the film strip, right-clicking to apply the filter. If I want to delete multiple photos at once, the only way to do it is to do it one at a time, or painstakingly scroll through the filmstrip, selecting photos with shift and control, right-clicking to mark as rejected in the filmstrip, then Photo> Delete Rejected Photos...

I've seen videos of people doing exactly what I'm unable to do, so I know it's possible.

I always keep my software up to date. I'm running on Windows 10 with 12GB RAM and an i7 Quad-Core 2.67GHz

It isn't the end of the world if I can't figure it out. I've dealt with it for a few years now, but I would appreciate it very much if someone knows how to fix this. It's probably something embarrassingly easy.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, I always keep my software up to date; I'm running the latest version of Lightroom Classic CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ian is asking for numbers, not 'latest' or alike, for the reason that it happens quite often that users believe they are using the latest version while they are not due to possible issues in the update detection logic.

Please post the exact version.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using version 7.3.

For some reason, Lightroom started using +80% of my RAM, so I shut it down. I tried to open iTunes to listen to some podcasts before reopening Lightroom, but my computer froze (which hasn't happened in a long time). The issue seems fixed after rebooting... But I know this has happened before.

Sorry for wasting your time. I'll make a more specific post if this happens again. Thank you for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines