• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iMac pro Upgrade?

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom CC Classic (7.1) and my camera is a 5DS. I have shot at 28MP normally (Medium RAW).

My current iMac is a 5K retina, 4ghz processor, 32gb 1600hmz ram, 3tb fusion drive, 4gb AMD Radeon R9 M395X (not a bad spec).

When using Lightroom though I am constantly waiting for the computer. I build the smart previews and the 1/1 previews but still very slow. i clikc next and its a second delay then the image comes up.

Magnify this by 1500 shots at a wedding and the delays are very very time consuming. What should take me 2-3 hours takes me 5 to 6 hours.

So my question is...

Will the new iMac pro vastly speed up Lightroom or does Lightroom just run at a set speed? Considering the 10K investment but only if the iMac will really speed things up. I would be very upset to spend that money and get little performance increase. Even if you don't know the answer, who would I talk to to find out? Apple? Adobe? Thoughts please.

Thanks

Jason

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try upgrading to 7.2 which was released yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience with my new imac pro is that it is no faster with lightroom classic cc than my previous imac or my macbook pro even. It slows to a near stop. I am having to export the file and bring it back in (to loose the history which is what is slowing it down) and continue editing. It seems that the amazing extra RAM on the imac pro isnt the solution to the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my experience is very different. I got the new iMac pro (base model) and i think its amazing, soooooo much faster than my older iMac. Maybe look at your config? How big are your files? How many MP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

I have finally found some answers. Adobe have acknowledged that spotting out and brushwork will slow it down to nearly a halt if over 100 adjustments are made. I do just that. I use only a few different brush buttons but there are so many clicks involved. I need to delete the history when it slows down. Which just means clicking the “x” button next to the history on the left side. No better solution than that. Its not the computer thats the problem (not even the RAM capacity, especially not with imac pro). It is Lightrooms inadequate capacity to retain much history. In theory you can add thousands of lines of history but the program will crash......and another thing, today i was credited for 3 months of free subscriptions in compensation for the inconvenience Adobe caused me with the error of Lightroom classic cc updates turning into trials of the update that runs out in 7 Days. A lot of complaints about that glitch for at least a month and Adobe are too slack to fix it properly.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By the way, Im loving the imac pro too! The screen and the speed is amazing! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines