• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! How do I create a crawl title after the update?

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I create a crawl title after the update? The simple title option is gone. I will not vent my frustrations with this, but I do need help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

I had not looked at the Essential Graphics Panel ROLL option, which was new with the Oct 2017 (12.0.0) release. I add screenshots here of the two roll options.

[Edited to make it clear it was the Roll option that was added with 12.0.0.]

Legacy title

PR CC2018.1.0 Legacy Title Roll.PNG

Essential Graphics Panel with a graphic selected in the timeline. Once the Roll is checked, the other options appear.

PR CC2018.1.0 Graphics Panel Roll.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My preferred method is to create the title in Photoshop and keyframe it's animation in PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I've never had to do that before, but I'll figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I preform your suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a pretty simple two step process.

1. Create the title in Photoshop.

2. Keyframe the title's Position in Premiere Pro.

You don't know how to do either of those things?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating the titles are not the problem making them continuously move is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Harold's suggestion (the one I think you are looking for), once you create a legacy title, you select the motion option (in the title panel) and select "roll" (the options being "still," "roll," "crawl left," and "crawl right").

For Jim's suggestion (the method I prefer), he has pointed you to the keyframes instructions - you keyframe motion to move the titles as you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey bro, Thank you! I was overlooking that option. SMH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also pretty easy to make rolls in the new EGP. There's a click-command spot in that panel for it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had not looked at the Essential Graphics Panel ROLL option, which was new with the Oct 2017 (12.0.0) release. I add screenshots here of the two roll options.

[Edited to make it clear it was the Roll option that was added with 12.0.0.]

Legacy title

PR CC2018.1.0 Legacy Title Roll.PNG

Essential Graphics Panel with a graphic selected in the timeline. Once the Roll is checked, the other options appear.

PR CC2018.1.0 Graphics Panel Roll.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you must  use LEGACY TITTLECaptura de pantalla 2018-04-08 a las 10.55.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, And then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These "tips" create a roll graphic, not a crawl. If Legacy Titles (GraphicS) wasn't broken, why fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Felix,

These "tips" create a roll graphic, not a crawl. If Legacy Titles (GraphicS) wasn't broken, why fix it?

I believe the Legacy Titler code is incompatible with the current version. The announcement to move away from Legacy Titler was a long time ago. Sorry about that. I would create a text string and keyframe the Position parameter. Can you try that?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vent, CODShow, because it didn't make sense to do away with something that worked and did so well. This "help" page creates rolls and not crawls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines