• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU render error is ruining my life

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I bought a brand new dell XPS 15 as an upgrade to my 2013 MacBook Pro since my MacBook was running slow

I’ve had nothing but problems since I’ve gotten and the computer seems to operate far less efficient than my really old Mac which I don’t understand

But that’s beside the point

85% of the time when I try to render something or export something I get a GPU render error

It seems to be related to Lumetri color

I don’t really know what to do bc I can’t remove the lumetri effect but I can’t render or export anything with out getting that error

Any suggestions? I’ve been up for 24 hours trying to deal with this and I haven’t had any luck

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers

Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter

•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

•ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i know which version to try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the GPU on that rig?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GTX 1050

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gtx 1050

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still trying to think of something  ... do you have an onboard graphics chipset also active on that rig?

I'm able to export or queue with multiple LUTs without troubles. It should be working.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to be honest i dont know what this means

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many laptops (and some desktops) come with both the motherboard or "on board" graphic chip, like the Intel Iris HD or whatever it's called, and a full GPU card. Sometimes with both working PrPro seems confused, so to speak.

If you go to the Device Manager in a pc, and check the graphics devices, if it says both say Nvidia XXX and Intel Hd then you have both active.

Some laptops do allow you to disable the on board chip in either settings or the BIOS, which you would probably need help with.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain.  This happens to me on every other project.  I have a GTX 980 with up to date drivers and it happens all the time.  It happens with Lumetri color and sometimes Warp Stabilizier.  I'm likely going to try a different NLE soon as NO suggested "fix" ever works.  It seems like I just keep tweaking and changing my videos until they aren't what I wanted and it eventually exports. 

Try sending your project to Adobe Media Encoder and exporting via CPU Rendering not GPU Render (Cuda). It will take a long time but at least you may get your project completed.

I've made numerous GPU Render Error posts.  Heck I'm saving screen captures and pictures to make a compilation video about it, that's how often it happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that, still won’t render

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you applying a LUT with Lumetri Color? I recently found that my footage would NEVER render, not matter what I did, when I applied a LUT under the Creative tab on Lumetri Color.  The LUT was even an Adobe provided one, not one I bought from someone or created myself.  It simply always failed out.  That was a strange development in the last two weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes so is there no work around? This is ridiculous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it is ridiculous.  And if you search it has been a problem for YEARS.  Everybody just offers nonsense workarounds, no actual solutions.  I can never get a straight answer as to WHY this basic feature of Premiere basically doesn't work. Sorry.

I was legitimately almost done a project I've been working on all day when I replied to you.  I went to export and sure enough I too am now battling failing exports (GPU Render Error).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He was asking if your computer had another option for video output/rendering. Which a Dell XPS laptop wouldn't have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you are using a lut and AME make sure the same lut is in the Lumitri lut folder for AME under program files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run into this CONSTANTLY on both of my computers. I would think an industry standard software package for editing and RENDERING video would address a problem that is known to be affecting many many people. It's a lot of money to pay for render errors. I can turn off the GPU rendering and use software only most times and get past it but it takes three and four times longer to render. It is frustrating to the point of making me look at other editing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What rigs do you have?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines