• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Text Path trouble -Photoshop cc 2018

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on wrapping text around an image, which is not difficult to do, and I know the steps involved in creating a work path and selecting the horizontal text tool and clicking inside the work path.  The text cursor icon does change to a circle, but when I click in the work path, instead of behaving as expected, photoshop is creating a whole new text path that does not have the area removed from the path, so the text overlays the image I am want to wrap around.  Why on earth is Photoshop cc 2018 doing this?! I use a Mac running Sierra 10.12.6 with Photoshop CC 2018 recently updated (current).

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 12.56.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-08 at 12.55.20 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Open your path/shape on a side. That's the only way in Photoshop

areatext.png

Have fun

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Hi you can wrap text in the outer shape of a path but not cut a hole in the middle.

So in the example below with two rectangles (and the smaller set to subtract in path operations) in both cases the text wraps inside the resulting outer boundary shape , but in the first example the outer shape is cut out by the small rectangle but in the second example the outer shape is just the larger rectangle

As far as I am aware this is not a change and Photoshop has never been able to so full text wrapping in the way In Design can do.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your path/shape on a side. That's the only way in Photoshop

areatext.png

Have fun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clever !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick answers.  Eventually I figured out that I cannot completely wrap text around an image.  Pixxxel Shubser, your suggestion of hacking the limitation with a pixel line to the outside is really cool.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Your problem is 'solved' now? Or do you need further assistance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines