• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC Android. sd card not available for storage

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to use the sd card on the smartphone for storage but it says it's not available (the option is greyed out).

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here on android Samsung s7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with my chromebook.  I wonder what's up.  It's not very useful if Lightroom will only see the 32gig hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it works for me, but not entirely.

Cell is LG G6 with Nougat. LR installs ok.

Going to cell settings to apps to lightroom  tap on storage to bring up lower level hidden menu makes storage external, that is not on the internal memory. Then in lightroom setup info "device info and storage" set use SD Card... and it does.

There is also a "use cell data" setting off lightroom preferences but it does not seem to change the outcome.

But after all that it still uses the internal memory as well. I can still take images and use file transfer to get them onto my PC for editing and printing.

SD support in Android changed again with nougat not entirely surprised there are issues.

In the end I do not want to clutter up internal memory even briefly with images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

When the storage mode is changed to SD card from within the Lightroom App, all the new import, downloading of the proxy of the images for editing will be stored in the SD card. At the time if initial sync when the application was first installed the Lightroom uses the Internal storage even if the SD card is enabled in the Application.

You can check this from the storage option under the setting of your device, if the SD card is selected within Lightroom, the Lightroom will use SD card for cache, importing and other storage-related operations.

Thanks

Deepak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@deepakg1988

I am having this issue on a new samsung chromebook pro. I have installed lightroom cc and installed a 128GB micro sd card. However, when I open lightroom cc and go to the storage settings the option to use the sd card is disabled and cannot be enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@deepakg1988

Would like to confirm that I have the exact same issue as well, only on a new ASUS Chromebook Flip C302CA.

The option to use the service card is greyed out / disabled and cannot be enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that we can't change the storage mode in the Lightroom CC app on Android or Chrome OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my huawei the slider for 'save to sd card' has no effect.  whatever it's set to, the dng files end up in the internal memory.

this seems to be a universal failure across all devices!

can this be fixed?

William

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't  work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I INSTALLED LIGHTROOM ON MY SAMSUNG GALAXY 5.1.1 SND IT FAILS TO RECOGNIZE THE SD CARD THAT CONTAINS ALL MY PHOTO LIBRARY DESPITE ANYTHING I DO. THERE IS NOT A SETTING THAT FUNCTIONS WITHIN LIGHTROOM. FRANKLY I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED FOR THE LEAST OPTIONS, PREFERENCES,  CONTROLS TO CUSTOM OR EVEN GET IT TO FUNCTION. I WENT TO EXCESS TO DELETE OTHER PROGRAMS THAT LIGHTROOM WOULD BE THE BEST APP TO IMPORT AND SORT MY LIBRARY AND IT IS NOW HAVING TO BE UNINSTALLED AND I MUST CONTINUE SEARCHING AN APP WITH GALLERY FOCUS. WHAT IS WITH THIS SSKIMMPY APP LIGHTROOM EVERYONE AT ADOOBE. YOU STRUCKOUT WITH ME. NOT ONLY FAILED TO ADDRESS THE PROBLEM AS YET.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree.  I'm about to cancel my monthly since I've moved almost exclusively to a Google base.  What surprises me here in an Adobe discussion area we aren't even getting a "We're working on it...' response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom CC on my chromebook and I want to use either the camera SD card or a USB port on the camera to import to LightRoom CC.  LR CC doesn't see either external device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry but we all are asking this and Adobe refuses to comment. cat has

their virtual tongue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Samuel,

May I know what is the version of the Lightroom Android are you using. Also what device are you using.?

We have few of the devices mentioned above, on which the users are facing the issue, let us investigate this issue and we will update these space with our findings.

Thanks

Deepak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using it on a Pixelbook. I will not recognize the external drive.

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 8:26 AM, deepakg1988 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

about to cancel my subscription because of this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I cannot import photos from an SD on a Pixelbook.

SD Card reader plugged into USB C port.  No Files show in the import screen.

Suggestions?

-p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

samsung s2 android. Can´t import onto the sd Card. and not enough room om the internal memory... Tried through Lr and it seemd to work but no... and no explanations at all... really irritating. Adobe should make an effort to solve this..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A8 and despite the fact I designated the SD Card ( External memory ) to be the default storage location to use in Parameters > Applications > Lightroom CC > Storage , the pictures are still saved in the internal memory.

Please can you tell me if this is a current limitation of Lightroom CC 4.1.1 or if I'm doing something wrong ?

In case of a limitation, when will it be fixed ?

Looking forward you input.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it in a rather unintuitive and time consuming way. I used a Samsung S2 android for editing and backing up on location in Laos and norteast Thailand. I imported the pictures to the external card with ES file explorer. After that I imported the pics into Lightroom mobile. I would much more prefer to import straight to LR into a folder named by me (date and subject). Back home I´d like to just import the folder into my lightroom CC (classic), erase the folders on Samsung S2 and let the folder I imported on LR cc be the new "original". For me that would be a straightforward workflow. As for now I got a folder in LR cc wich I consider my "original" but its still synced to LR mobile. so if I erase the files on the Samsung.... will the new original folder on my stationary computer be unaffected?

'Regards Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am being driven crazy by this. The whole thing is so maddening I may have to stop using it. If you take a lot of photos you cannot be in perpetual sync mode. And the internal storage thing -- regardless of setting -- has me so frustrated I almost want to stomp on this new phone. Stop making things so "smart." I hate it. It makes what were simple tasks seem like climbing mount everest [the perpetual rabbit holes and learning curves are that steep]. Five times a day I discover new annoying things that take hours to solve.....and all a result of autosync. please listen. Nobody wants this crap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On every android I've had, multiple LG phones, Lenovo and other tablets, this export to sd has not seemed possible. I've found a way by sharing to a file manager, but very cumbersome compared to direct export. These devices have ranged from Android 4.4, Android 6+, and now Android 10...no luck. It almost seems adobe is biased toward apple since I-phones previously have included a great amount of internal storage space. I admittedly haven't tried to format my large SD card in android 10 to have the ability to act as memory extension rather than storage only, and not going to. If other programmers can do this as individuals, why can't Adobe? They have a team that has written the most used and debatedly the most successful photo editing software available. To me this not very understandable to say the least. I will continue to use Adobe on my computer, but have uninstalled my Adobe apps on my new Tablet and phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I was wrong about the bias toward Apple, since I've become aware that iPads are having trouble with this also. Come on Adobe 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines