• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom freezing after update april 2018 update

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone else having this issue after latest update?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Hi davidd99758635 and daveg77118272,

Sorry about the delay in my response. Could you please try the following?

1) Turn the profile view from "Grid" to "List" in the Lightroom profile browser.

2) Try running Lightroom as an administrator. See Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows? Which version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, this all just started after the April Update 2018! It was fine until then!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry that Lightroom Classic CC is crashing after the 7.3 version update.

Could you please post your crash reports or submit them using the crash reporter as mentioned here: Submit a crash report for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom

Our Engineering team is diagnosing the crash reports. Meanwhile, please refer this article to troubleshoot the app crash: Submit a crash report for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Mine doesn't crash and so doesn't produce an error report for analysis, it just hangs and has to be forced to close using task manager. The screen below the menu headings goes black, the title bar at the top of the screen has "(Not Responding") after the program name and the cursor shows the "waiting" circle icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine does the exact same thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me.  Usually when I walk away and let it sit for a bit.  As soon as I try to move the mouse it hangs up lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not getting a crash report, however, I get random crashes on importing files, and even when lightroom is just sitting idol in the background, the graphic accelerator is not check either, that causes crashes too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine seems to happen mostly when it's left idle too. I come back to it after a break and it's hanging.

It's now also done it 5 times during the export process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am finding it is hanging up after import, and while it is fetching initial previews, hope this helps! I am reverting back to the previous version until this is fixed, I am wasting to much time and it is costing me money!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One person has reported that on Windows 10, running Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 as Administrator has fixed all of these crashing/hanging sorts of problems. Why that works, and does it really fix ALL such problems is unknown at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige thank you for sharing, I reverted to 7.2 and all is well, did not get a chance to try your advice, however, I am logged in as administrator, or do you have to physically right click on the Lightroom executable file and run as administrator?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

daveg77118272  wrote

dj_paige thank you for sharing, I reverted to 7.2 and all is well, did not get a chance to try your advice, however, I am logged in as administrator, or do you have to physically right click on the Lightroom executable file and run as administrator?  

In Windows, you have to right-click and select Run As Administrator. I have no idea how to do it on a Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I certainly do. After the screensaver has turned and I go in again, then Lightroom are frozen and I need to shut it down and start it again to get in the program again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Windows 10 machine with lotsa RAM, SSDs and a fast processor and it still repeatedly hangs, then requires a forced exit and restart of the program to get out of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too much trouble with v7.3 ...

Reverted back to v7.2 and its all fine again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you revert to the previous version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ipixu,

You may refer this article: Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akash, any news on an update fix for the issues with ver 7.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only does 7.3 crash repeatedly, when I revert to 7.2 it also shows the same behavior. I've uninstalled, installed, reverted, rinse repeat, and even tried use a new default catalog. Dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davidd99758635 and daveg77118272,

Sorry about the delay in my response. Could you please try the following?

1) Turn the profile view from "Grid" to "List" in the Lightroom profile browser.

2) Try running Lightroom as an administrator. See Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey David

im having the same issues as above - have even tried the previous version and it’s still buggy on the last version now too.

Have you found a remedy to this yet?

Regards,

Rakesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Quite new to the forum thing but thought it's better to share issues so that they can be shared and solved quicker.

I'm having similar issues with Lightroom, Photoshop & Premiere Pro since the last update (April 4th, 2018).

To give you background on my setup, I'm using a 2017 Macbook Pro 15inch with the 2.9GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, and the graphics card is a Radeon Pro 560 with 4GB of GDDR5 memory (I have no idea what the last bit means, but ok).

Lightroom: After updating to the latest version of LR Classic, the brush tools and switching from module to module would be laggy. Even mouse movements within LR were very slow and laggy.

Photoshop: When exporting an image from LR to work on in PS, I would do work on it and then go to exit and save the image as a TIF back into LR. PS would end up hanging on 10% in the saving status and just end up freezing, so I would be forced to force quit.

Premiere Pro: It's taking ages for my project to load upon start up, and all of my media files are re-reading and taking about 30-40minutes to do so.

I've read within LR, to turn off the GPU enabling. Have done so, and it's still glitchy. I've even gone back to the previous version of LR, PS and PP, and it's still freezing at random points through my workflow.

I've read that Macs and Adobe aren't as amazing as other setups, but surely it can't be this terrible.

Any help or info would be much appreciated.

Rakesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned by others, 7.3 would freeze/lockup, not crash, after being idle for a period of time. I had to revert back to 7.2 which is stable for me.

Windows 10 Pro Version 1709 Build 16299.371

Intel i9-7900X and 32GB Ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines