• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scroll glitch

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having this problem that when I go to draw, instead of Photoshop making a line, or anything, all it does it activate the scroll bars. At first I thought maybe it was my hand, but I made sure to move my hand above the screen, and it still happens. It never used to do this before. I tried to reset the settings, and nothing seems to work. And its so random, I cant find anywhere online to fix it.

I use a Surface Pro 4, and the Surface pen along with it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

So this is what I did to kinda fix the problem. And I mean kinda, as in it works, but doesn't at the same time. I took the advice and installed version 19.0. Then what I did was I followed this totorial: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-ink-workspace-windows-10 to disable Windows Ink. Then I restarted my computer.

Now what it does, is when I zoom in I can double tap my pen, and it will write, sometimes, if I click and hold, it will write. Either way, its better then it was befor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged...

Your response is not the same problem you've sent the original poster to.

In the latest Photoshop CC 2018 update, they changed something, and this problem is appearing on multiple machines.

I use a Wacom MobileStudio Pro 13, and have the same problem. The workaround for it is to install the FIRST version of Photoshop CC 2018, and DON'T UPDATE IT till they've fixed this problem.

This workaround comes with it's own ridiculous problems. Whatever plugins and shortcuts and fonts and actions you have installed in your current version of Photoshop will be eradicated. So back them all up to a separate directory BEFORE you downgrade to the non-updated version of CC 2018. Then, once you've downgraded, you can reinstall everything by just moving the backup files into the correct directory.

In the meantime, Photoshop needs to stop blaming Windows and Windows Ink. It has nothing at all to do with this problem.Photoshop needs to fix things.

A further problem with Photoshop and Adobe in general is that they do NOT give accurate details of their new releases. It's near-impossible to find release notes or current version numbers of the program. This is idiocy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, how do I uninstall Photoshop, and reinstall the older version?

Its totally weird, because I never had this problem before, and I went to use photoshop, after not using it for a few months, and this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install an older version from the Creative Cloud app

other version.jpg

PS Older Versions.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I tried that. Nothing really changed... I still had the problem, and I tried all the way up to 18.1.2, and it didn't do anything to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 18.1.2 is the version that I had that caused the problem. I have 18.0 installed, and I don't have the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh... another thing... I'm using the latest Windows Insider build of Win 10. So that might also have something to do with it. But I don't think so. Cos even with the latest build of Windows, and version 18.1.2 of Photoshop, the problem persisted. It was only when I installed 18.0 that the problem disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have 18.0 as an option, it doesn't show in the screenshot from Ged Traynor either. Did you mean another version? I don't want to go back to 2015 D:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeez. I'm being an idiot. I just checked my version number. I mean 19.0. (And the problem build for me was 19.1.2.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi...

i have started facing this problem today morning

im going crazy over it,, totally disrupted my work schedule.

i think it is a windows update problem...

i am using a mobile studio pro 16.

last night i had to update the windows on the msp16...(there is no option, ur forced to update and shutdown) updates were already downloaded.. and i was working fine on photoshop cc15.

today morning, i boot up the system...it takes some time to run the windows update which was pending after boot..

so i launch ps...and the issue started.

whenever i draw on canvas...it pans the canvas.

please anyone with the solution reach out...

im desperate, as im aworking on illustration projects

------------- i have found a temporary walk around that

when i want to draw, i hold the right click button on the stylus and draw..

but its not 100 percent efficient

this is also affected all other tools like lasso, layer selection etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Take a look here

Problem with Wacom Cintiq 22HD and zoomed pictures

This fix was also posted in post 2 above!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks all, problem solved...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So this is what I did to kinda fix the problem. And I mean kinda, as in it works, but doesn't at the same time. I took the advice and installed version 19.0. Then what I did was I followed this totorial: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-ink-workspace-windows-10 to disable Windows Ink. Then I restarted my computer.

Now what it does, is when I zoom in I can double tap my pen, and it will write, sometimes, if I click and hold, it will write. Either way, its better then it was before
Thank you all for trying to help me! What I've started to do is I use Paint Tool Sai to do my line arts and now I can now use Photoshop to do touch ups, and edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines