Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(like so)

full-orange-cut-in-half_1187-2525.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS can't magically reveal the insides of photographed objects. At best you could cut the actual photo in half and then re-construct the inside using elaborate cloning and painting. The "cut" itself is merely a simple lasso selection and then cut & pasting one half to another layer, if that's what you're asking.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slicing the top and bottom is easy. Duplicate the layer with the orange then use a mask on each half. That will leave you with the interior showing that you will need to fill. So, you will need a second image of the inside of an orange that you can transform into place. Paint in a few shadows and job done

Or, if you are prepared to put the time in, make the whole thing as a 3D model in a 3D application such as Blender:

Fruit_Slice.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant simply cutting something in half, not necessarily getting the insides to show. I should've clarified more, sorry about that. I'll try using the lasso.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean slice as in slicing for the web. there are the Slice and Slice Selection Tools, which are grouped with Crop Tool. Once you have the slicing setup you can export the slices via Save for Web or Export As.

Sel.pngSel2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wasn't going for that, but thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines