• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Browser cannot open folders?

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I go into media Browser I get a nice list of local drives, I have 3 internal hard drives. If I click on C drive which has all my programmes and windows installation etc it opens fine and I can click through folders and find files. If I try this on any other drive, D for example which has all my data and media files it does not open, the only option I have is to right click and choose import. The question is will this just import the structure as in Lightroom or will this duplicate massive amounts of data?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Well I deleted the DNG, no idea where it was from anyway and instantly all my folders were available. How odd

Many thanks for the help with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to that, I can open my E drive which is for backups but not my D which has all my data?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long have you waited for the folders to appear after clicking on D?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it is at least 3 hours now as I have been doing other things while is sat there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eeesh!  That's not normal.

Maybe try Step 2F below.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that, no different. It's a fairly new install too as I was just starting a first tutorial. The odd thing is I can double click on the project screen and import a clip that way from the D drive, just cant access it with media Viewer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright.

Try Step 3D, and if no luck, 3F.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That neither. One thing I forgot to mention, when I click on D drive in media browser it shows one file in the right hand side which is a DNG file but says is damaged or unsupported file , it does not show any of the folder structure at all or any other files even though I moved a few video clips directly into the D drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple things I can suggest.

1. Move the DNG to a different hard drive.

2. Put everything on D: in a folder.  Have no files in the root directory at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I deleted the DNG, no idea where it was from anyway and instantly all my folders were available. How odd

Many thanks for the help with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines