• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

moving catalogues to a new laptop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new laptop which has been set up initially in the computer shop.  I have 2 drives C  the SSD drive and data drive D

My Pictures [where lightroom catalogues are saved] is now on the  D drive so they are not recognised when I open    Lightroom.

I have tried many things and watched videos etc but no luck.  How do I tell lightroom that the catalogues are now in D drive?

Can someone help please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Thanks I ihave managed to open the catalogue

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

angelaf94959158  wrote

I have a new laptop which has been set up initially in the computer shop.  I have 2 drives C  the SSD drive and data drive D

My Pictures [where lightroom catalogues are saved] is now on the  D drive so they are not recognised when I open    Lightroom.

I have tried many things and watched videos etc but no luck.  How do I tell lightroom that the catalogues are now in D drive?

Can someone help please

Can you clarify something please?

The pictures are on D, but used to be on C. Is that the problem? (I ask because you state that "the catalogs are now on D", which is something different). So please clarify what is the actual situation.

Pictures on D can be fixed via these instructions, particularly Figure 4 and associated text. Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Catalogs on D shouldn't be a problem at all. Just double-click on the catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I meant that the catalogues were on the C drive in the Pictures

folder. now the catalogues are in the D drive as the Pictures folder has

been located in this drive

I have my photos on an external hard drive so no problem there, its the

catalogues I cannot access

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find the catalog file on the D: drive (it's name ends with .LRCAT) and then double-click on it to open it in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks I ihave managed to open the catalogue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines