Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom crashing on startup with update 7.3

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Having issues with LR Classic.  I did the update to 7.3 and it was working initially but, suddenly it started to crash on startup.  While the application is loading, the 'report issue to adobe' pop-up appears. The application can actually still be used but, once I click 'send' or, 'do not send' info to Adobe, it causes the program to force quit.

This issue first happened when I was trying to import images from my SD card but, I have since tried the following steps:

- Deleted the .lock file, for catalogue.

- Started with alt+shift to reset prefs.

- Created and loaded a new Catalogue file.

- Disabled all third party windows services.

- Tested in safe mode with networking.

- Re-installed LR.

- Un-installed entire CC suite, include folders and reg settings.

- Re-installed Lightroom 7.3 only.

Nothing has worked.  I reverted back to 7.2 which, so far has not crashed.

Is anyone else being affected by this?  My system is an Alienware M17xR4, 12GB RAM, running Windows 10 64 LTSB.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Hi ummagoomba,

Sorry that you're having problems using Lightroom Classic CC as it is crashing on startup..

I'd recommend you to please submit your crash report in case of an crash event. Refer Submit a crash report for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom for details. We have noticed other reported crashes since the 7.3 version update. We have logged a bug and monitoring all the reports. This will help our Engineering team to diagnose the crash reports and work on solution to prevent it.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ummagoomba,

Sorry that you're having problems using Lightroom Classic CC as it is crashing on startup..

I'd recommend you to please submit your crash report in case of an crash event. Refer Submit a crash report for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom for details. We have noticed other reported crashes since the 7.3 version update. We have logged a bug and monitoring all the reports. This will help our Engineering team to diagnose the crash reports and work on solution to prevent it.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines