Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

generic error

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have updated to latest version of premiere pro from 12.0.1 version.When I am opening my older version project in current version some of my files went offline and I am unable to re-link those files as it is showing The importer reported a Generic error.Also I am trying to import those offline files which already are in project it is showing The file has no audio or video streams ERROR.Can you please give me a solution as many of my projects are live on floor.adobe_error.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what do I do Convert all my unsupported files? or go back to previous premiere version?

Come on Adobe, I have hundreds of files from the live projects which are now unsupported.There has to be some sort of solution you can offer.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conversion would be my choice as it allows for moving into the future.  Using an older version leaves you stuck in the past.

You can install an older version of PP in addition to the new version.  Use the old to do the conversion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..does this also explain my problemes with AVI-files ?

They are not related to quicktime but WindowsMedia.

QT-Player can playback them without problems , but premiere pro since the *** 12.1 spring update not anymore !?

Why I'm paying 700 bucks a year for an expensive software including a transcoder (ME) if the features decrease and I have to buy another transcoder and have to waste days of work with transcoding!?

Why I'm using still avi-files ? ...because sony is using that format on creating timelapse recordings...

This is/was the major benefit for switching from MediaComposer and it's stoneaged always importing/transcoding delays.

If that same thing is happening here , there is no reason to stay on adobe...... resolve looks promising as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes This Problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines