• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC - Converting presets to XMP failed!

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only converted a small portion of my presets (I have hundreds and many are custom made).

I have tried restarting several times and still the other presets are not converted which means they are not available in 7.3

It even deleted most of my presets. Luckily I had a backup. I tried uninstalling 7.3. Reinstalled 7.2 then back to 7.3 and still same crap.

Hey Adobe programers and Adobe project managers:

Do you even know what you are doing any more?

Do you even understand how to write software?

Each time you update Lightroom you have managed to make it worse and with more bugs!

Cant wait for a new editing platform to come along so we can ditch ADOBE!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Hi carlosd60256348,

Sorry that the presets in Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 failed to convert to XMP resulting into missing presets.

This is a known issue and our Engineering team is working on a fix. Meanwhile, please refer this documentation for workaround: Not all presets are converted to the new format after upgrading

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi carlosd60256348,

Sorry that the presets in Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 failed to convert to XMP resulting into missing presets.

This is a known issue and our Engineering team is working on a fix. Meanwhile, please refer this documentation for workaround: Not all presets are converted to the new format after upgrading

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have commercial LR Classic develop lrtemplate presets which have not been converted to xmp.  They have been in my Catalog (where I keep the presets) since before 7.3 came out. I am using the latest LR and Mac OS on an iMac.

The files are in the Settings folder, but all the files in that folder will not convert.  When I try to import them into the Develop module by using the "+" procedure, I am told the files cannot be converted.  Deleting the folder, then restarting LR, then quitting and adding the folder back does not cause LR to convert them when LR reopens.

Can you please advise what is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/SW+Rick  wrote

Did you read the document at link provided by Akash?

Also, can you open 'System Info' from Help menu, then copy/paste the first 6 lines into your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/SW+Rick  wrote

I still have commercial LR Classic develop lrtemplate presets which have not been converted to xmp.  They have been in my Catalog (where I keep the presets) since before 7.3 came out. I am using the latest LR and Mac OS on an iMac.

The files are in the Settings folder, but all the files in that folder will not convert.  When I try to import them into the Develop module by using the "+" procedure, I am told the files cannot be converted.  Deleting the folder, then restarting LR, then quitting and adding the folder back does not cause LR to convert them when LR reopens.

Your .lrtemplate presets should not be in the new ‘Settings’ folder. That is where the already converted (xmp) copies are stored. You must store your old .lrtemplate presets in the original Develop presets folder, where Lightroom will find them and convert them.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i bought presets and really need help on how to get them onto lightroom. i have tried everything, can i please get some help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it depends strongly on-

Your Version Number of Lightroom, (Report your System Info...  from the Help menu)

The type of Presets (Develop, Brush, etc)

The File-type of the Preset files. (XMP or LRTEMPLATE)

Are they in a ZIP file package?

And have you requested "How to Install" from the presets supplier? What is their advice or procedure?

And what have you already tried?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use the lightroom classic cc but mainly am trying to do this on the computer then be able just to use my phone and the mobile app. i fiinally figured out how to get the files unzipped and they are in lrtemplate, when i go to put them in lightroom it says system not suppported and i do not know what i am doing wrong. the seller will not get back to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to unzip the file, you should just point Lightroom at the zip file and it will take care of the unzipping for you. You add presets by hitting the little plus sign next to the presets in Develop and selecting "Import Presets...". Just select the zip file and it should import them. The fact that there are .lrtemplate files in the zip does make me suspect that these are outdated versions by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am not seeing any plus sign next to the presets or the develope preset stuff. Where can i find this? thank you for you help thus far though!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's here:

plus sign.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what it looks like for me.... what does that mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means you are using Lightroom CC instead of Lightroom Classic and to make matters worse, you are using it in a web browser instead of using the program directly. You can't import presets in the web interface, you have to use the Lightroom CC app on your desktop. If you haven't installed it, install it through the creative cloud app on your desktop machine. Then when you have done that, you should see this after clicking on the little slider button and the preset button that will appear at the bottom of the window. Here you should click the ellipsis (i.e. ... ) and you can import the presets there,

lightroomCC presets.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH I FINALLY GOT IT!!!!!! THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I figured it out for Mac!!!

I navigated to the old LR (pre CC) presets folder, and found they all had "~~" in the beginning of the filename.

In my case, I went to:

"BB Mac HD" / Users / "bbmac" / Library / Application Support / Adobe / Lightroom / Develop Presets

The names in parenthesis are names unique to my Mac.

Your name will differ, but the rest should be the same.

The Library folder is hidden.

Press SHIFT+COMMAND+. (period) to toggle on hidden folders.

Apparently LR places this double tilde in the filename to designate them as imported.

I then did a mass file renaming of all the presets to remove the ~~.

I used a little app called RENAMER to remove 2 characters from the beginning of the filename.

This removes the ~~ designation, and tells LR CC to convert these presets (.lrtempate) to CC presets (.xmp).

LR even maintained my folder structure!

Now, I'm off to figure out how to transfer/import my Adjustment Brush presets.

Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nunyab20437664  wrote

Now, I'm off to figure out how to transfer/import my Adjustment Brush presets.

Nothing changed with the adjustment presets, so just place them in the Adjustment Presets folder in the same path.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines