Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Presets

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently opened Lightroom and realized that some of my presets are gone.  I haven't changed or touched anything and they were all there when I used it last about a month ago.

Please help if you can,

Lauren

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lauren,

What version number of Lightroom?

What OS, Mac or Windows? What version?

Did you recently update the version of Lightroom?

Do you have Preference settings set to "Store Presets with the Catalog" ?

Have you searched your computer for all  xxx.LRTEMPLATE files? Find any? What Folder?

Where were they "about a month ago" ?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to version 7.2 and everything is restored.  The new update seems to have a bug and the preset panel is all jacked up.  I work on a MAC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you had updated to v7.3, yes?

If you read the news about the update you will have seen that v7.3 changes Presets to a new file-type (XMP) and a new folder location, along with some problems including changes to the Sorting of Presets, and some not seeing all their Presets being converted.

If v7.2 is working for you, stick with it until more is done to improve the update procedure.

New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

lightroom 7.3 - YouTube

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes exactly, i didn't do some research before i updated to 7.3. i am going

to stay on 7.2 until things are worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines