• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 5 PDF T HTML

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2009 Feb 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to use import .pdf and no result, I see the wizard, look like it doing something but nothing show in html files. It only show the progress bar for few seconds for a 160 page document

any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2009 Feb 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are trying to add a 160-page pdf file to your project, right? Are you adding it as a baggage file then setting up a hyperlink to that baggage file?

Also, I stepped away from using pdf files in my project as they caused big delays when my end users opened them to view the info.

Cindi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2009 Feb 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi all

@PatKb - Sometimes a PDF is too complex to be imported into RoboHelp and you have to try the different options. Not sure if size matters for these, but I suppose it may. 160 pages is a LOT of information.

@Cindi - I encountered the same thing with linking to PDF and Word content back when I was a corporate worker bee. Documents took time to load and my users reported broken links when all that was happening was it was taking longer to load than they expected. I overcame this by using redirect topics. (we called them "DocFetch" topics) Essentially, these are HTML pages that open other pages or files. This provided a warm fuzzy to the user. They clicked a link, saw a page open that basically said to wait, the process may take a while, then the document loaded. Worked like a champ and broken reports stopped rolling in.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp