• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3 Apr 2018 update "Adobe Lightroom Classic CC" can't be opened -10811

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So today Adobe updated Lightroom Classic CC and now I can't open the application at all - nor do I appear to be able to downgrade to previous versions.

Subsequent to the update I'm also getting OS crashes...

Any help appreciated!

LR: Classic CC 7.? - whatever the version number is for today's (3 April 2018) update!

The exact error message:

Adobe error.jpeg

I have Googled the above with no luck.

I have repeatedly attempted to uninstall and reinstall the application via the Adobe CC app updater. Each uninstall is followed by a reboot.

Not urgent today - but will be by Saturday 1800 when I'm likely to have around 3000 images to edit... not something I really want to do on my MacBook (which I have just stopped from updating!)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Lr preference file may be corrupt. Use Method 2 in linked document to reset Lightroom preference file

How to set Lightroom Classic CC preferences

Also, check the folder in which your Lightroom catalog normally resides. If you have a file with extension '.lrcat.lock' delete it and try to relaunch Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ian, but no joy.

Had already looked at the preferences file and processed Method 2 as you suggested. Have repeated the exercise just to be certain. No go.

Similarly no lock files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I've now spent almost 8 hours trying to fix this - and still I have no Lightroom Classic CC working on my iMac.

Most recently I tried uninstalling ALL Adobe applications including the Creative Cloud App and starting from scratch.

The process followed:

• Uninstall ALL Adobe apps except 'Adobe Creative Cloud' helper app
  • Download uninstaller, run uninstaller to remove Adobe Creative Cloud
  • Reboot Mac
  • Run CC installer
  • Reboot Mac
  • From CC installer select Lightroom Classic CC and install
  • Wait for Mac to report Lightroom installed
  • Go search for icon in Launchpad - not found
  • Try 'Open' from CC app - does nothing
  • Find Lightroom 'folder' in Applications. Double click opens further folder consisting of Adobe Lightroom Classic CC application and uninstaller. Double click on application results in the error I reported at the start of this post.

In addition to my iMac 5K I have an old Mac Mini which is updated to the same version of High Sierra - and is very slowly running the latest update to Lightroom Classic CC.  Yesterday's 'shoot' took around 3 hours to import to a catalog on that machine and so far I've edited about 10 images where my normal workflow would've seen me hit about 50% by now...

Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's ugly.

Can you try checking/resetting permissions as described about halfway through this thread (post by JoeBro1907) Lightroom Quit Unexpectedly on macOS High Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ian,

Tried that and have set ALL permissions for Lightroom Classic CC folder/App in Applications + the library folders/files to read & write for ALL usernames - and added my own to all, still with no success. Same error throughout (as per original post).

The Lightroom App folder (Applications > Adobe Lightroom Classic CC) displays only the following:

LR app folder.jpeg

I would have expected the LR icon to have appeared - and this after uninstall/reinstall etc. I note that all the other Adobe Application Folders show the application concerned with the relevant icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 7.3 isn't fully installed. At this point, I think you might be better rolling back to 7.2 in the CC App using the Other Versions option (see below) . That way you can at least get back to work.

cc other versions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ian, thanks for your help!

Just tried every version back to 7.0 my thoughts being it's easy enough to perform an upgrade once I have a working version... all giving exactly the same issue - as you say, it appears to be failing to install correctly.

I just got LR 6 to install - will now try upgrading from there to 7.3 again and see what then falls over!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addendum...

LR 6 is working fine. Any attempt I make to upgrade is failing - 7, 7.1, 7.2 or 7.3. Exactly as above - the lack of an icon in the folder and then the error that started this stream of messages.

Grrrr!

I'll work on yesterday's 1350 images in LR6 - that's not a problem but really need to get back into the LR7 catalogs in short order so any other ideas gratefully received.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So today Adobe updated Lightroom Classic CC

You do not say if you have a subscription to the Creative Cloud Photography Plan. So tell us do you subscribe?

You cannot upgrade from LR v6 to LR-Classic without subscribing.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn WobertC... why didn't I think of that?

Or maybe it's because all my other Adobe apps are working just fine - as was Lightroom Classic CC 7.2 before I upgraded. Including, but not limited to, Photoshop, InDesign etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, and why did I?, because nothing had been said about other software, and I have been reading many forum reports of troubled installs of v7.3 with people who do not have a subscription (using v6 perpetual), and have been upgraded to Classic 7.3 because of a 'bug' in Adobe update process.

And you state- "LR 6 is working fine."  So if you subscribe I assume you are referring to Adobe Lightroom 2015.x CC correct?

A Google search for your Error 10811 does not give an answer but does mention  'MySQL' which is used for LR Catalog database structure.

In your Post#3 you list the good attempts to re-install. At that time did you run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool? It can often be a better option rather than just uninstall/reinstall.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WobertC, perhaps you missed my original post.

Thanks for repeating my comment that a Google search didn't turn up any results.

Did you read the original post at all?  I appreciate you are trying to help - but perhaps if you read the entire post first you would have answers to the questions you continue to pose?

Regardless, from the Adobe CC application helper, I managed to get Lightroom 6 (their description) reinstalled and working.  And for the avoidance of doubt, this is what 'System information' provides me:

Lightroom version:  CC 2015 [1014445]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.13 [4]

Application architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 3.2 GHz

Built-in memory: 32,768.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 32,768.0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 747.8 MB (2.2%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 3,218.8 MB

Memory cache size: 350.0 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 4

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Displays: 1) 5120x2880

Graphics Processor Info:

AMD Radeon R9 M390 OpenGL Engine

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Version: 4.1 ATI-1.66.31

Renderer: AMD Radeon R9 M390 OpenGL Engine

LanguageVersion: 4.10

Application folder: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom

Library Path: /Users/simonbenson/Pictures/Lightroom/2018-04-07 BTCC LR6/2018-04-07 BTCC LR6.lrcat

Settings Folder: /Users/simonbenson/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Thank you WobertC for referencing the CC cleaner tool - not something Ive previously seen any mention of - so it's the next thing for me to try so I can get back to my original installation let alone the most recent updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so now I have tried the CC Cleaner tool - twice.

After much hassle removing all the applications so as to run the initial CC uninstall tool - Acrobat DC would NOT uninstall - and numerous reboots I am no further on.

Right now I'm up to 11 hours to fix something that started with the upgrade from Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 to version 7.4.

LR 6 (2015) is back up and running and I have now reinstalled all the other CC apps as I need to actually do some work - however if anyone else has any ideas I'm open to them. I can't currently open catalogs created between v7 and v7.3 because this 7.4 upgrade has failed. That is a potentially MAJOR issue for me in the next 2 weeks.

As a reminder NO version 7.x application will install correctly since attempts to update to 7.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are in trouble, and I do not have any more suggestions.

Thanks for the System Info. It proves you can run 2015-CC with a Creative Cloud subscription.

Hopefully there will be others, more knowledgeable than me, that can assist.

perhaps you missed my original post.

No, I have read every post several times, but "updated Lightroom Classic CC" did not prove to me you have a subscription, as has been seen in other forums where a LR Guru has commented- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/presets-not-working.34488/ 

Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines