• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restore old brush panel?

Contributor ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for some reason, with my new install of photoshop on my desktop, the brush panel has everything grouped into these annoying folders. I used to have them all in a giant grid that just showed the brush "tip," or I could change it to say the name or the stroke thumbnail as well. Now they're in these obnoxious folders. How can I get back to my grid view? Thanks!

EDIT: Also, a lot of brushes are missing. The pencils, crayons, markers...I tried resetting to default, and I still only have about 30 brushes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

To take your questions in turn:

Folders

You can click and drag brushes in/out out of the folders or you can leave them in but use Ctrl+Alt+Click on the arrow next ta folder to open up all the folders (Ctrl+Alt+Click again closes them all)

What is displayed

Click on the drop down menu at the top right of the brushes folder and choose what options you want to display. You can alter the size using the slider at the bottom

To load the legacy brushes - from the same drop down menu choose Legacy Brushes

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup - pretty basic stuff - thanks though.. still doesn't restore my brush panel to what it once was

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the picture davescm gave, there is a tab that is labeled Converted Legacy Tool Presets. Would that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Legacy Brushes and Converted Legacy Tool Presets option are gone now. (I just installed CC 18 for the first time onto my new MacBook Pro) Has anyone else lost this ability?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's always worth checking Julianne Kost's blog when after new major releases. She tells you how to restore the old brush panel, but take a few minutes to watch this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, yes.. all content in this video is fairly obvious when using the application - it still doesn't restore my brushes to how they once were. Which is extremely frustrating and annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is kind of late but I had this problem too and I found a workaround. Go to Preset Manager in your brushes and drag out all the brushes from the folders. Then proceed to delete the folders. Now you can go back out, and uncheck "Brush name", "Brush stroke", "Show additional preset info" and "Show recent brushes". It should more or less look the same as what you used to use now.

As for the missing brushes...I did the same thing as davescm did, and then did what I did above to uhh remove the folders. Hope this helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Regarding the "restore old brush panel", What I would want to see change is to put back the "Replace Brushes"! I too hate having a whole pack of folders instead of just the brushes being added. I do a lot of editing and I may start with basic brushes, then go to folage, etc. so, depending how many brushes I have used, I end up scrolling up and down in folders to get them. Of course I have tried all kinds of work arounds, and have checked the video mentioned, but it's not there - there is no "replace brushes" option. And to not have something as basic as the "Replace Brushes" is rather a fail for me. We literally end up with the whole folder of brushes in the brush panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines