• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combine Head Tracking with Talking Head

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incoming: AE noob. I've found plenty of tutorials on both Head Tracking, and creating a Talking Head from a still. Can't seem to find one combining the two. Eternal thanks for suggestions.

AE CC 15.1.0

Default install, latest updates, no additional plugins

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4

MacBook Pro (mid 2015)

2.5 GHz Core i7

16 GB DDR3 1600

Radeon R9 M380X

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Piece of cake!  All you have to do is match the angles and the motion of the talking head with the original!

Hope you're a good photographer!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Piece of cake!  All you have to do is match the angles and the motion of the talking head with the original!

Hope you're a good photographer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol...I don't think this project needs to get that fancy I guess I'm sort of after simplistic, Terry Gilliam/old-school JibJab stuff here. I'm taking a clip from a movie, and want to animate a few of my friends heads on the actors, and just have simple 2 position mouth movement. Still cake?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Why should there be any issue? AE doesn't care. A layer is a layer is a layer, regardless of whether it's a still image or a movie clip. It would probably not hurt to watch some more tutorials on basics rather than unnecessarily working yourself up on details you don't understand (yet) before moving on to big stuff like head tracking and replacement. Again, this is simple, but I feel you don't understand some basic principles like pre-composing or how tracking actually works.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your assessment is spot on. After playing with head tracking for a few hours, I re-read Dave's post and realized I misunderstood part of it. My focus in all things has always been on the end result, difficulties along the way be damned. However I agree 100% with your recommendation on foundational tutorials. If you have any specific ones in mind, I welcome them with open arms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines