• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to publishing service with Photoshop action (grain, resize)

Participant ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to export on publishing service (ie. Flickr, Koken, 500px...) with Photoshop action? I'm especially curious about grain that is very hard control by LR because of different resolution during export. It looks like LR export all adjustments and then resize photo, so detailed grain is gone.

Or maybe there is another way how to control grain during export? I'm ok with grain in 1:1 in full export, so making extra virtual copies with different grain setting for export in all kind of resolution is not solution for me.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless there are post process plugins that can apply grain, I think you're out of luck.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Photoshop as "post-process" plugin is not possible? There is no way how use PS actions on LR export? C'mon, Adobe, why it is not possible? That would eliminate many old plugins like Mogrify, to add borders, add crisp clear watermarks, resize algorithms, etc. Why not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Droplets after Export, but you'd need to set up a few of them to match your various different export sizes.

Droplets are Photoshop Actions that have been saved into standalone apps.

The Droplets would need to be placed in the Export Actions folder inside the Lightroom presets folder (Preferences>Presets>Show Lightroom Presets Folder)

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternatively, in Export, use the Post Processing menu and choose "Go to Export Actions folder now"

export-actions-select.png

The Droplets will appear in this menu when you restart Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To create a Droplet, make your action in Photoshop first, then in PS go to File>Automate>Create Droplet.

Choose the Action and tick the boxes shown.

If you want to set a specific location for the files, use Destination. You can choose the Export Actions folder as the place to save the droplet.

create-droplet.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for tips, but I cannot see this post-proces option on export for publishing services (ie. Flickr, Koken...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that means the answer is no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot see it either. It would be great to have this option in publishing services too.

EDIT: Dammit. It was me who put that question few years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines