• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I transfer muse website to other website builders

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that muse is being shut down, I want to transfer everything to another website builder such as Adobe XD or Webflow but I don't want to start all over again. How can i transfer my layout and everything else to another website builder?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

I can almost see why Muse is being discontinued. There is no excuse for how that code is written. The good news is that your contant can be salvaged, but not the layout. In other words, you would need to use the tools that come with whatever web design app you choose to go with to set up your layout in terms of rows, columns, etc. There is absolutely no other way. Adobe kind of backed you in a corner with some very poor code. Gosh, I'm sorry to see this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I've never used Muse except to test its plugin API, I'm wondering if you might provide a link to your site so I can analyze the code. Perhaps that will help non-Muse users, who probably have significantly more serious web development experience than Muse users, to provide a meaningful answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can almost see why Muse is being discontinued. There is no excuse for how that code is written. The good news is that your contant can be salvaged, but not the layout. In other words, you would need to use the tools that come with whatever web design app you choose to go with to set up your layout in terms of rows, columns, etc. There is absolutely no other way. Adobe kind of backed you in a corner with some very poor code. Gosh, I'm sorry to see this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Thanks for the info! Do you have any recommended website builders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on your needs. I personally think Dreamweaver is a good choice because it allows full control of the code. It gives you the choice to learn how to code at your own pace or to use plug-ins or extensions. If that's not your cup of tea, I would ignore all of the biased noise on this forum and decide yourself. This article on PC Mag might help you to that end:

The Best Website Builders of 2018 | PCMag.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pinegrow and Word Press allow you to drag and drop blocs of content. You can learn a little bit of code along the way if you want but not absolutely necessary to become an expert at code. Look up Word Press site in an hour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WordPress.com, not WordPress.org unless you want to install the full PHP app on your server. There is a huge difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup...been dealing with it for years...lots of options...divibuilder for one,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to add a note to this. Adobe XD is not a web builder, it doesn’t generate code. It’s used to prototype layouts to be handed on to a developer.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines