• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project errors - assertion fails and nil values

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on a scene in Character Animator and have encountered errors preventing me from continuing on this scene.  Whenever I make a minor change (recording, deleting, importing image changes from Illustrator), the assets listed in my timeline panel disappear.  When I click on the timeline, they reappear, but then my scene panel goes blank.  I've received the errors below while working on the project (the nil value happened after deleting a clip in the timeline).  I've tried to undo to get somewhere in the history before the issue occurred but that hasn't helped.  I restarted Character Animator and my computer.  I even tried to open on another computer.  Thank you for taking a look.

Screenshot (27).pngScreenshot (26).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Hi there --

If your project is not too big and you're willing to share it, I'd be curious to try to track down the root cause so we can fix it. However, there may also be a remedy to the situation that's a little easier (and faster to get you up and running again).

If you hold shift while opening the project, it will clear out temporary UI/selection state data which can often get around errors of this sort. If you would like to share your project to help pin the bug, quit Ch and just zip up the p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there --

If your project is not too big and you're willing to share it, I'd be curious to try to track down the root cause so we can fix it. However, there may also be a remedy to the situation that's a little easier (and faster to get you up and running again).

If you hold shift while opening the project, it will clear out temporary UI/selection state data which can often get around errors of this sort. If you would like to share your project to help pin the bug, quit Ch and just zip up the project folder. If not, though, and you just want to get back to it, that's cool, too.

Hopefully the trick of holding shift to reset the UI state data will get you back to good.

Thanks! -- Dan Tull

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan,

The shift hold on opening the project seemed to work at first, but then the issue reoccurred.  I was able to go back several days and retrieve a workable version of the project (keeping my fingers crossed!).  I'll will post back here if I have further issues.  I believe the issue occurred after I deleted some assets/scenes I didn't need anymore and was cleaning up the project.  I had duplicated a rigged image so I could rig it differently for each scene and that seemed to bog down my system when I made changes to the asset in Illustrator.

Thank you for offering to remedy the concern!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you do find more info on what is causing the error, definitely post more details. I'd love to pin this so  we can get it fixed. Glad you found a way to proceed, in any case.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines