Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW/JPG issues on import

Enthusiast ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC and Windows 10.

I have my camera shooting a RAW and jpg image for each shot. When I import the images, the shots say they are ARW+JPEG but only the ARW is visible. My Preferences/General says I have selected "Treat JPEG files next to RAW files as separate photos". Is the reason the jpg's are not showing because I have selected "Don't Import Suspected Duplicates" on the Import screen?

Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that should not cause this problem. Lightroom knows that a raw file is not the same as a jpeg file, and so these should not be considered duplicates. You can easily answer this yourself however. Try importing some raw+jpeg with the 'Don't import suspected duplicates' option unchecked, just to make sure.

Also check that you do not have an active filter in Lightroom that only shows raw files.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had taken the shots, imported them to Lightroom on my laptop and edited from there. I exported the catalog to my desktop and that is where the jpg issue arose. An import just now to my desktop Lightroom works as it should. No idea on the why it happened originally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines