• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

does captivate 2017 subscription has the option for downgrading to older versions?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most subcription apps have the option to downgrade to older versions.  Is it the same for 2017 release of captivate?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your Adobe Captivate subscription began when the previous version was current you would be eligible to use the previous version. For example, If you began your subscription this time last year (November 2016), you would have begun your subscription when Captivate 9 was current. Even if you are currently running Captivate 2017 under the same subscription you would be eligible to continue to use Captivate 9 even today.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is essentally a user forum, I would like to have a staff member to answer your question. AFAIK downgrading was not that frequently available, and you often had to pay for it like when wanting to downgrade Win10 to Win7. I will try to contact someone to give you an official Adobe answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please check the PM, I have sent.

Regards,

Deep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just chatted with a rep. This is the reply I received (for those still looking for an answer):

Adobe Captivate 9 is no longer available for purchase.

However you can purchase Adobe Captivate 2017 volume license from your nearest Adobe reseller and can provide us the serial key and order number and then we can provide you the Captivate 9 serial key by doing backward licensing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources