• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is font 'Oswald' corrupting when PDFd from MS Powerpoint or Publisher

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to update, save and PDF existing PowerPoint and Publisher files using their Save as PDF functions. These are not new files and the font 'Oswald' was installed years ago and is our corporate font. About 8 weeks ago, PowerPoint and Publisher (but not Word) files containing Oswald started to corrupt only this font, making it unable to read. I'm using Office 365 + Publisher 2016. Help!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Thank you, Karl,

I contacted Microsoft and they said it wasn't their problem, either. 

I can see your logic though: I was using the PDF creator within an MS program so, yes, it is a Microsoft problem but, as usual, they won't bother to acknowledge or fix it.

I'll guess I"ll need to find a very similar font so we don't have to re-brand, and use it until there is another Microsoft glitch.

Thanks very much for your a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that by “Save as PDF“ you mean the save function that is built into these applications. This means that you are using Microsoft‘s technology, and not Adobe softwar, and that means that we very likely don’t know the answer. You need to get in touch with Microsoft to find out what’s going on.

If if my understanding is wrong, and you are using Acrobat to create these files, please provide more information about your process of how you create these files, and how you determine that they are corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Karl,

I contacted Microsoft and they said it wasn't their problem, either. 

I can see your logic though: I was using the PDF creator within an MS program so, yes, it is a Microsoft problem but, as usual, they won't bother to acknowledge or fix it.

I'll guess I"ll need to find a very similar font so we don't have to re-brand, and use it until there is another Microsoft glitch.

Thanks very much for your a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines