• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

locked out

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im new so please be patient but I imported photos to LR and was arranging them when it said they were removed. So I closed out and reopened and they were all there. So I continued with Photo edit in PS and resized and saved to desktop as JPEG like I usually do when I am just going to email or share smaller versions. However when I go to email or share I am locked out of clicking on my smaller sized JPEG photos??? I have checked for updates and even tried to use older photos and now all my photos I am unable to click on once I save to my desktop. Please help.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom can be a "Curious Beast" for many 'newbies', so take your time learning, and if you would, can you describe in more detail the process or workflow your are following, and the exact error messages you may be seeing.

when it said they were removed

The exact error message?  So did you "Remove" photo thumbnails from the Lightroom Library view?

reopened and they were all there

What was there? the original photos, or the 'saved' JPGs?

But do the thumbnails now show an exclamation mark? (a sign that Lightroom does not know where they are. 'Missing')

locked out of clicking on my smaller sized JPEG photos

Does this mean that you cannot do anything with the photos on the desktop? Even with Lightroom shut-down?

Also it might help if we know the Lightroom Version NUMBER and your Operating System NUMBER.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. I am in lightroom 6.14 and there is no question marks on the thumbnails I see currently. The error message was something like do you want them removed from the disk.. I have all of them in a folder that were taken to the trash but I also re downloaded all the photos from my camera. But once I forced quit LR and opened it back up the folders and thumbnails were all there again from the ones that were deleted so not sure what happened which is why I can't be more specific.

The work flow went like this.. Open a photo in LR then clicked photo, edit in, photoshop 6 and then it gives me a pop up message of "This version of LR may require the PS camera Ras plug-in version 10.1 for full compatibility. Please update the camera raw plug in using the update tool available in PS help menu."

It gives options render using LR or Open anyway. I have opened anyway to edit photos.

I have done all updates in PS and Adobe and they are current as of yesterday (desktop versions not paid CC versions)

After resizing the photos in PS i saved them to desktop as a JPEG. ( i have a mac) When going to email the smaller edited sizes the thumbnails have "s" on them and can't be saved as photos. I can't even click on the desktop versions to post on social media or email.

I pulled up older photos from earlier this month that emailed and posted just fine but they are now doing the same thing and not allowing me to click on them once on desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try an work through your answer-

The error message was something like do you want them removed from the disk..

This is NOT as error message. It is asking if you want to permanently DELETE all the selected photos- YOUR original camera files!

You should never 'delete' from the Lightroom Catalog unless you want those image files gone for good. Luckily you must have restored the files from the camera download, I do not know how you managed it, BUT you would have lost any editing work you did in Lightroom. And without the camera card you would have lost your photos to the Trash.

Lightroom is not a file browser, it works like a database. So some severe learning is needed to understand how Lightroom works.

For a start I suggest you read front-to-back the Lightroom Classic-CC Quick Start eBook available from-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/blog/

render using LR

When you use 'old' versions of Photoshop then you need to use the "Render" option to allow the Lightroom Develop module editing to show on the photo when it opens in Photoshop.

"Open anyway" will open the photo as it appeared in your camera and any Lightroom Develop editing done will not show in Photoshop.

After resizing the photos in PS i saved them to desktop as a JPEG.

If re-sizing is the only thing you do in Photoshop, there is no need to use Photoshop whatsoever. Lightroom can do a resize in the Export dialog. And the Export can 'save' to JPG in any folder you suggest.

the smaller edited sizes the thumbnails have "s" on them and can't be saved as photos

I do not know what you mean by this. Can you make a screen-clip and post it here for us to see?

Where do you see the "s" in Lightroom, Photoshop, or Finder?

not allowing me to click on them once on desktop.

I have nor worked with Mac computers, so do not understand what "One click" is meant to do!

Keep up the questions, hopefully we get you an answer.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never thought the original message was a error message but didn't understand why it asked that then when I forced quit they were all there before re-downloading from the camera again. I tried organizing my folders and must have done it wrong but thank you for the book tip. I have been trying to do Adobe and KelbyOne tutorials along with my older LR 5 book but have a long way to go. I just need to get my photos in LR as the software I was using is no longer being supported so just trying to do a file at a time but learn to import from the camera first.

Never have edited in LR so didn't think the render option mattered but thank you for the explanation as I will watch that. Just makes me curious cause it is all updated and current so not sure why it even pops up now. It never used too.

I resized some and edited some in PS since that is what I was more familiar with from school but its been a while so was trying to just do 15 or so photos to share but I will explore the sizing and editing options in LR I am just afraid of messing the whole thing up.

I will post what the email files of the images looked like. It appears to be sign only type documents yet they have never been in that form since they are from my camera.

The click is when I try to click the mouse on the image saved on the desktop and it is unable to click on it. Like its blocked from being accessed.

Really appreciate your help. I am trying to learn it before moving over my entire library for this exact reason. I don't want to loose everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_8675.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume the files are not corrupt since they all showed back up but why would the older and newer images all do this now when saving to the desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what are we looking at in the Post#5 screen-clip?

Is that a phone image of your screen? I have searched for the 'S' emblem but can find no association with that. Is there some other software that may be locking your files. I am at a total loss to explain.

So can we check details again-

Are you using Lightroom Classic on a desktop computer?  What version number?

(I assumed Lightroom Classic as this is the forum for that desktop software)

Are you using Photoshop on a desktop computer? What version number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is a screenshot of the email of images I sent. It has the same letter "S" as the app "Sign now" but email was sent from desktop that has nothing to do with that app or software. I sent other images 2 weeks ago from my desktop and it did just fine so I don't know how to explain it either.

LR Classic on desktop version 6 with update as of 2 days ago.

PS CS6 on desktop as well with updates current as of 2 days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So something is involving the "Sign Now" app to affect your files.

Sorry, I know nothing of that so I am completely out of ideas to help.

You will have to research the app to discover what is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks. I don't have the app so no clue either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines