• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File shows up smaller when imported from Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a file in Illustrator about 900pixels in size and then opened it up into Photoshop, but the size of the image on-screen was considerably smaller. When I zoom in the Photoshop image so it's close to the Illustrator on-screen size it is pixelated. Something is wrong with Photoshop's rulers. Please help!

Also, when creating a new document, say for example 300mm x 150mm at 72dpi the onscreen size (at 100%) is not 300mm x 150mm. It is about a third of the size.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing wrong. You simply don't seem to understand all this DPI and pixels vs. physical units stuff. Your monitor has a different DPI than the assumed 72 DPI and as far as Illustrator is concerned, it never works in absolute pixels. It's pixels are derived from the document DPI settings. Well, whatever. You should read up on this stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have any references for reading that I could look up? Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines