Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 8800 when using move tool

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 10.32.41.png

Getting this all the time when using the move tool to position items on layers. PS 19.1.3 Mac OS 10.11.4.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Sorry, I didn't notice the version. Could you please use the Adobe Cleaner tool to remove the Photoshop, restart your machine and reinstall it via Creative Cloud desktop app.

Adobe Cleaner tool: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi skratchpiklz,

We really apologize for all the trouble you have been facing while using the move tool in Photoshop. Are you facing this issue with all the images or files you trying to move? Have you tried resetting Photoshop preferences back to defaults? If not, please try: Preferences in Photoshop

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try resetting the Move Tool, right click on the tool and select Reset Tool

reset movetool.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried reseting the tool and turning the Graphics Processor off, neither of which helped.

I will try resetting the preferences as suggested above.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reset the preferences, selected a layer and tried to move its content via the move tool and the error message as posted above came up straight away. This happens on multiple docs. Using the arrow keys to nudge items around works fine, not a great solution when you need to move something over a large distance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that. Could you please let us know the exact version of Photoshop you are using now? Is your Photoshop updated to 19.1.3 version?

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I put this in my first post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't notice the version. Could you please use the Adobe Cleaner tool to remove the Photoshop, restart your machine and reinstall it via Creative Cloud desktop app.

Adobe Cleaner tool: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will try this and let you know how I get on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So using a mac .. if I use Free Transform (Command + T) it allows me to move things without them resetting back to the same position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. I tried everything above. When I tried running the AdobeCleaner tool, it didn't have Photoshop as an option. Am I missing a step? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines