• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing and Project Manager Pod

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to import 377 drawings so that I can name them, assign a page number then index them in order to search and find individual drawings vs scrolling through 377 pages.

I don't see a "Project Manager Pod" on my home screen or Tools or menu bar

Please help. I have time constraints on this task.

Thank you.

Bill

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what you mean. Where do you read about this pod?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link I get when going into the help/support search for

Importing PDF's

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/2015/robohtml/book/rob_basics_ba/Import_PDF_files_into_a_project-.htm

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 3:47 PM, Test Screen Name <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using RoboHelp? If so, you should try the forum for that application. This forum is about Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try67 et al. I am using ACROBAT PRO DC. Does that not qualify for this forum? I still need help.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but the instructions you linked to don't apply to Acrobat. They are for an application called RoboHelp.

Maybe explain what you're trying to achieve, and we could help you from there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I‘m missing something. If you’re using Acrobat, why are you reading the Robohelp docs? Are you using both apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea. I'm just trying to get help. I went to the far right in my Mac Menu bar while using Acrobat, chose the help option and followed the links.

I've been going into the PDF'S and naming them at least. But, I don't think that has anything to do with making a usable index for all of them?

I don't have a lot of time now. Of course, the boss still wants it done straight away but has added more to my plate so in the evenings I'm going to have to go in and continue to try to figure it out. Hopefully, you all might still be able to offer some advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I'm still not clear what exactly you're trying to achieve. You need to provide more details if you want any meaningful help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we don’t know what you mean by an “index”. There are a lot of possibilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to type a name like "PD74" is a drawing of the PD74, and have the computer bring up just that drawing vs scrolling through 377 drawings. Like the index of a book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When merging files as a PDF you can have Acrobat automatically add bookmarks to the starting page of each file in the merged document. A script (like this one I've developed: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Add Bookmarks Names To Pages ) can then be used to copy the bookmarks' titles onto the pages, which will make them searchable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you want to be able to use Search/Find with strings that are the label... ok, are these strings already present on the PDF pages? Combining the files is no difficulty, there are many ways (none of them called embedding, though), but adding the text might complicate matters. It could be that it would be better made as a document in InDesign for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines