• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Load a local PDF without displaying the PDFs toolbar or Tools Pane

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to display a local PDF using StageWebView and not display the PDF's toolbar and its Tools Pane?

I'm creating a kiosk with Animate, AIR 29 and the latest version of Acrobat Reader. It has two buttons that load local PDF files. The first few times the PDFs are loaded, they don't display the PDF toolbar, which is what I want. But after disposing and loading these PDFs either three or four times (it's always three or four times), the PDF toolbar starts to appear and will always appear when either PDF is loaded subsequently. Even worse, after continuing to dispose and load either of these PDFs, they will appear with both the PDF toolbar and with the PDF's Tools Pane opened (the pane on the right side that lists link buttons for "Comment", "Fill & Sign", "Send for Signature" and "Send & Track".)

This behavior is consistent on three test PCs, all running the latest build of Windows 10. Two of the PCs have Creative Cloud accounts and one doesn't.

I'm using StageWebView to load these PDFs. Using HTMLLoader instead of StageWebView might solve this problem but it introduces other problems.

Instantiating new StageWebView(true) instead of new StageWebView(false) doesn't solve the problem.

There's another post (https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2363288) in which a user appears to solve this problem by appending a query string to the URL of a PDF. However, that PDF is from an external web site, and when I try appending a query string to the local PDFs in my application, this solution has no effect.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines