• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incompatible audio codec found in the preset

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a bunch of topics similar to this, but all the ones that I've found have to do with the video codec. My issue - according to the error log generated by AME - is an "Incompatible Audio Codec." When using a preset that I've used for 5+ years today, I got the error below.

It's the "master codec" that I use to encode all the final versions of all the videos I do for my company (there are lots), and like I said, I've been using the same one for 5+ years. The issue started right after upgrading to version 12.1 of all CC apps (premiere and AME, included). I'm sure that's part of the issue, but wtf? Screenshot of the audio tab of the preset is also below.

Anyone have this issue? Any way to fix this?

------------------------------------------------------------

- Encoding Time: 00:00:00

04/03/2018 02:15:07 PM : Encoding Failed

Export Error

Incompatible Audio Codec found in the preset. Preset load failed.

Exporter returned bad result.

Writing with exporter: QuickTime

Writing to file: /Users/xxxxxx/...title of movie.mov

Around timecode: 00;00;00;00

Component: QuickTime of type Exporter

Selector: 9

Error code: 28

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 2.33.20 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

I HAVE A QUICK SOLUTION! So, it's still really low rent that we have to arrive at the solution this way to simply export a ProRes master in 12.1 but here goes. First choose your ProRes preset of your choice. Then choose under preset option: "Match Source (Rewrap)". For me anyways, this keeps my ProRes settings for my video but now the correct options show up under my audio tab including the "sample size" field which defaults to 16 bit and I can export properly to an uncompressed audio codec usin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated last night, I've been having the same issue.  Only most of the custom presets I've made are coming up with that message. "Incompatible Audio Codec found in the preset. Preset load failed."

I'm sure hoping I can roll back if this isn't address very soon!

Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the same issue, just began since my switch to 12.1.0 (Build 186). I'm on a mac, High Sierra 10.13.3. It's with any "uncompressed" audio codecs. I'm trying to export ProRes masters for a large client and am in a huge rush, they need these today for distribution across tons of platforms. NEED A SOLUTION ASAP!!!!!!!

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 10.03.06 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't have a bitrate option with Uncompressed audio.  You should have Sample Rate and Bit Depth.

Something is off with the preset.  My best recommendation would be to just recreate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, any setting with "uncompressed" for the audio gives me the error. I can confirm, downgrading back to 12.0 does indeed "fix" the issue... but I've lost a days worth of work across several projects 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What options do you have available on the Audio tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My video preset is also with a ProRes video format, and going back to 12.0 still works. But under the audio tab of the export media window in both PP and AME looks exactly like the screenshot I posted originally above. There are no options to change the audio codec, but there are options to change the sample rate, configuration, and bitrate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a Cineform preset.  I tested that here on Windows and no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing this is a mac issue as if you look on my error screenshot, it says "Quicktime of type Exporter".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here's something I just noticed. In my preset from AME/Premiere Pro 12.0, the audio tab under my preset is set to the AAC audio codec and is also set as stereo. So somewhere in the upgrade to 12.1, the new software changed my preset to uncompressed audio and makes it mono (bitrate and sample rate remained the same).

I'm just going to go ahead and wait a week or so to see if anything gets changed on Adobe's end then try again. 12.0 works pretty well and I hadn't actually edited anything, so I can afford to stick with the status quo for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too was getting this error. When I looked at the Audio specs in the years-old Premiere preset, I noticed the sampling rate was missing. Not grayed out, but missing. I first tried to make a new copy of the preset in Media Encoder, but that also had the same problem. So I went back into Premiere and changed the video codec of the preset to DNxHD and then back to ProRes422 (seemed to work with ANYTHING though, just have to change it) and the sample rate dropdown reappeared. I then saved a copy of the preset and deleted the old one. Now it all works. If you originally created your preset using AME, as I did, that may be where the bug lies. Not sure, but this might work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest update I've tried...I tried recreating the preset from scratch as Jim_Simon suggested in both in the old version and the new version of CC with no luck. I tried what mattgoudey suggested - changing to DNxHD - to no luck. Basically, no matter what codec I make the Quicktime file, it won't let me change the audio codec to anything aside from uncompressed in 12.1 (whereas in 12.0, I could select from roughly a dozen different options). I'm 99% sure this is where the problem lies, but have no fix for it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of the compressed QuickTime options are no longer supported.

Future versions of Premiere Pro will no longer support Quicktime 7 era formats and codecs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jim. Odd that he says "Professional codecs typically found in QuickTime movie files, such as ProRes, DNxHD, and Animation, are not impacted by this change" yet there seems to be an awful lot of impact on those codecs. I added a comment to the thread over there to see if there are any answers there. In the meantime, back to 12.0!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QuickTime files using those video codecs would be using Uncompressed audio.  How do you see them as being affected by the lack of compressed audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the number of people that are having issues on that thread, it seems like there's a bunch of impact from the change (granted, I understand that anything that Adobe does is going to be met with a certain amount of annoyance for people who are having problems/don't like change).

Regardless, my issue is certainly affected. The ProRes settings in 12.0 don't use uncompressed audio. My preset that I'm having the issue with is a Quicktime ProRes with AAC audio. But the problem I think is that in 12.1, the preset gets changed to Quicktime ProRes with uncompressed audio and it won't work. That was all I was saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ProRes settings in 12.0 don't use uncompressed audio.

That's...odd.  Sufficiently so that I would recommend changing it in all cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a screenshot of the audio tab from Premiere 12.0.0 - it's the same preset I've used for 5+ years. The screenshot I posted previously is the audio tab of the most up-to-date version of Premiere. I'll try out the cineform and animation codecs and see if those somehow work.

The only reason I used ProRes in the first place was that I knew it was high quality enough to be used as a 'master' codec for the final versions of everything I do. I'm far from being an expert in compression settings - which would be the best codec to go with for a new master encoding codec?

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 12.50.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. No Quicktime codecs (including and most painfully ProRes codecs) allow me to change the audio codec. All are by default permanently set to Uncompressed (rather than AAC, which is what ProRes is designed to use), so exports give me error code 28 (selector 9).

Also strange: no matter how many times I re-select stereo for the output channels, it reverts back to mono. I'm so sick of Adobe....

Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 10.54.26 PM.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love being an unwitting Beta tester for Adobe... and paying money to them for my testing. Seriously, the only reason why I went from 12.0 to 12.1 was crossing my fingers that the open bin in the new window (that's off screen which I can't access) bug would be fixed. It wasn't... and now I can't export ProRes masters for a client. Now costing me time, money and my sanity. WTF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAVE A QUICK SOLUTION! So, it's still really low rent that we have to arrive at the solution this way to simply export a ProRes master in 12.1 but here goes. First choose your ProRes preset of your choice. Then choose under preset option: "Match Source (Rewrap)". For me anyways, this keeps my ProRes settings for my video but now the correct options show up under my audio tab including the "sample size" field which defaults to 16 bit and I can export properly to an uncompressed audio codec using ProRes for the video. So... silly... thanks for the extensive testing on 12.1 before shipping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you so much Billy Billy!

Just to add some clarification to your post here are my steps:

- Export Media

- in Export Settings window, select Quicktime in Format, then "Match Source (Rewrap)" in the preset drop down.

- Click "Match Source" in Basic Video Settings.

- This enables you to now customize your codec settings. Personally, I selected Apple ProRes 422 HQ, Render at Maximum Bit Depth, "Use Maximum Render Quality," etc.

- While I still can't change the Audio Codec to anything except "Uncompressed," it didn't matter because:
- Click Export and Premiere successfully exports a ProRes file with no error! At least it worked for me. Curious if it works for others too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the preset gets changed to Quicktime ProRes with uncompressed audio and it won't work.

Have you tried the Cineform presets as a test?  Have you tried exporting just audio, .wav or .aiff files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after on hold with Adobe for 1 hr and 30 minutes, i was told to just roll back to the previous version for now and check again after a week or so. of course the current project is not backwards compatible, so i'll hold off on rolling back until i'm in between projects. in the meantime i'm sure hoping i don't need to render using one of those presets.  smh

and or the record, most of my error messages say "incompatible video codec..." not audio codec as my previous reply said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines