• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove a white background in a net with multiple squares?

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to photoshop a soccer net and they want a transparent background but the net has so many circle is there a way to remove all the circles at once or am I going to manually have to use the background erasertool and remove them one by one.

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 10.22.47 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you are charging them enough. You can try using a Levels adjustment layer to change the image contrast and make selections easier, but this is going to be a lot of manual work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eraser? Yikes! You might want to brush up on basic non-destructive retouching techniques. As for the rest - re-shoot against a black background. This is unsalvagable. Even your already done parts look totally fake with al lthe fine knots and structures missing and unless you plan on completely ruining your eyes and manually painting everything for the next hundred days or so, this isn't worth it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eraser? Yikes!

Maybe a bit direct but a valid point, indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who is responsible for this photograph and did they have any idea what the image was intended for?

Could you post a part of the image in full res?

But in any case I discourage using the

background erasertool

and instead recommend working at least with a Layer Mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No they are in China and just took the photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is close to a photo of a bride in a wedding veil shot on a white background that I use to teach channel selections/masking. Take a look at the channels in your image File. Is there at least a little bit of contrast between the net and the background? If yes, duplicate the channel with the most contrast between net and background and push the contrast between the two aggressively. Ultimately you want a black and white only mask on that extra channel that you can copy and paste into the layer mask of the net layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you recommend any quick videos that would help me out I appreciate everyones answers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I played around with your image and there isn't enough contrast to do this well and quickly with channel selections. It did occur to me though that rather than use a photo you might just create the netting yourself. Are you familiar with Adobe Illustrator? If so it could go a touch more easily but if not it can all be done in Photoshop. Just draw out a well spaced grid of lines, distort the lines so they look organic and so they're not straight, give it a bevel and emboss effect to make the lines look dimensional with light and shading, add some texture with the smart filters and there it is. I made one in a few minutes this way. green background is just so you can see the netting better.

netting.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very helpful thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

comp.png

Make duplicate layer of the image and use Curves to increase contrast, first at the shadow extreme, then the highlight extreme.

Use the Magic Wand to click in open area. Set Tolerance in the Options bar to 16. Uncheck Contiguous. Add additional clicks in areas that have not been included in the selection.

Inverse the selection.

Move to the bottom layer and add a mask made from the Selection. (With the marching ants showing, click on the mask symbol.)

Place an image below the masked layer and turn off the top layer.

(I did not need any touchup but if you do in a larger area image, just do the brushwork where needed on the mask.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines