• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I store and run actions from a Dropbox folder?

Enthusiast ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to get my iMac and MBP to match in every aspect I can in terms of setup/shortcuts etc.

Can I store actions in a dropbox folder and then point to it to run from each mac?

(I can't even find all the actions now...where are they stored by default? )

I'm running OS 10.13.4 and Photoshop CC 2018

TIA

tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Load Actions from the Panel Menu should bring up the standard Finder Open dialog.

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 12.01.31 AM.png

Here I have Dropbox added as a Favorite to the Side Panel. So I click on Dropbox and go to my Actions folder.

Same MacOS and Photoshop as you.

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 12.06.34 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Just like your Documents folder you can place Actions in a Dropbox folder.

You have your default actions that come with every install of Photoshop, so they don't need to be stored anywhere, but custom actions would.

Your Custom Presets are usually stored in your Home directory, under ~/Library/Application Support/Photoshop CC 2018/Presets/Actions folder. That way they are for your own use unlike the the stock actions.

You can keep a Presets Folder in Dropbox, but like the Application Support folder, you want them version specific because some actions may not function in a future or past version of Photoshop.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Gene.

Exactly what i wanted...I know I read that somewhere but could not find it after several searches.

cheers,

tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that got it.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gene-

Whoops... what I still don't know how to do is how to get PS to see it in dropbox? how do I point to PS from Dropbox?

thanks again,

tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Load Actions from the Panel Menu should bring up the standard Finder Open dialog.

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 12.01.31 AM.png

Here I have Dropbox added as a Favorite to the Side Panel. So I click on Dropbox and go to my Actions folder.

Same MacOS and Photoshop as you.

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 12.06.34 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If for some reason I misunderstood and you want a path to call it up: ~/Dropbox/Where ever your actions are/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow...I got so into the weeds of folders etc, I forgot the big picture!

Thanks...OF COURSE I can call the actions up by LOADING them !!!  DUH LOL

cheers,

tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well glad to know you are all squared away, and that's what we are here for. One of us will catch something that was overlooked.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines