• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate : Print screen and modification ?

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2009 Jan 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I do e-learning on a software which changes all the time.

So i've to change the print screen of my e-learning all the time.

Does it exist a mean to change the print screen of all my e-learning without having to open them ?

Can i create a kind of file which contains all my print screen and if i modify a print screen in this file it changes all the e-learning containing this print screen ?

Thanks for your help
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2009 Jan 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't say for sure without more information but it sounds like you need a dynamic solution. Captivate is a lot but dynamic it isn't : )

I used to do something similar with text and images by storing them (or in the case of the images, the file path) in xml and then I had a flash swf (my course UI) read the xml when it was first run and place the appropriate text/images on the 'slides' (really movieclips) as needed.

Unless you are going to go that route then perhaps the only Captivate solution for you might be to use the CP4 round-trip editing with PowerPoint, where you put your screenshots in there. I don't think that's going to be a great solution or result in a very elegant product, though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2009 Feb 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello,

Thanks for answering but i don't know how to do xml.

Do you know if captivate 4 has a function which allows to update all my modules by sending a background to each of them ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources