• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Huion GT220v2 BUG: brush stroke turn into hand tool

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using the Huion GT220v2 and I have this bug where everytime I do a vertical brush stroke, the brush is replcaced by the hand tool automatically. I tried to uncheck the windows ink and then it works but there's no pen pressure.

How can I fix this please??? I've been trying to solve this for the last 3 hours (reinstalling the driver, restarting, chaning preferences, editing the pen flicks, uncheck and re-checking the windows ink checkbox) and nothing works!

Did someone ran accross this problem and solved it maybe? I saw some threads about it here but some are un-answered or have answers that didn't solve my problem.

Specs:

Windows 10 Pro

version: 1709

OS Build: 16299.371

Huion driver version: 13.15.16.180104

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Hello, simply apply this update that fixes this problem, among others: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/cannot-paint-with-stylus-when-zoomed-in-windows-10.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It sounds like you have the same issue being experienced by Wacom users.

The latest windows update (KB4093112)  has caused an issue with the Wacom tablet and Photoshop.

You can either - undo the update

or

Do the following (recommended) :

1. Use notepad to create a text file and type in :

UseSystemStylus 0

2. Save the file as PSUserConfig.txt in the following location
C: > Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

3. Go to the  tablet properties and uncheck "Use Windows Ink"

4. Restart Photoshop

That is it - all should now work well (you need to do all the above steps to retain pen pressure)

Note : There is a third option. Microsoft made this change intentionally and they have issued a way round it with registry change (see link below). However for  Photoshop the PSUserConfig method works.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windowsink/comments/8508fi/controlling_pen_behavior_in_windows_10 /

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just used the text file method you mentioned and it totally worked. Can't thank you enough, Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesn't again!

now the brush doesn't work at all. What else can I do?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, simply apply this update that fixes this problem, among others: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/cannot-paint-with-stylus-when-zoomed-in-windows-10.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines