• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop brush stroke moving canvas?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, whenever I try to make a brush stroke in Photoshop CC 2018, it moves my canvas as though I'm using the hand tool rather than actually putting down a brush stroke. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my Intuos3 tablet drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop with all of my preferences removed, I've tried resetting my tools to see if that would have any effect and have had absolutely ZERO luck.

I did a test run with Krita to make sure it wasn't a tablet issue and my brush strokes worked 100% fine in that program, so I think this is a Photoshop specific problem. If anyone has any pointers, please, please, please, help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as this is an issue that only recently came up and I haven't the slightest idea why it might be happening.

Cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Hi

No need for any of this now. Microsoft have now issued an update to fix the issue that they caused . See link in this page from Adobe:  Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 117 Replies 117
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the KB4089848 problem.  This Windows 10 update has caused the canvas dragging you describe. You can achieve  temporary relief from the problem by uninstalling the Windows update KB4089848 and then pausing the update process (this will give you a month of no updates). We  are all hoping that a Windows Update will be found to correct this problem.  If you look through the list of posts you will find  quite a few about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, this should be fixed with Photoshop 19.1.3 update from a couple of days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Trevor.  Unfortunately, my instance of the problem caused by KB4059848 has not been fixed by 19.1.3. I have that update and the problem persists.  I have had to resort to using the WinTab option helpfully mentioned by you and others (because I want to be set for the Spring Creators Update expected next week). I have seen nothing from Adobe on this problem.  Incidentally, I have checked my Painter 2018 preferences and I see that software explicitly offers WinTab.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t understand why there isn’t a bigger outcry over this, it’s really frustrating to have sit around and wait for the bug to get fixed. Funnily enough I didn’t have the problem until 19.1.3 and it’s really messing up my workflow. I‘m really frustrated with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much David for your insight~! Trevor, I also have the most updated version of Photoshop installed on my machine and the problem is definitely persisting. I'll give the windows update pause a try, and may try the WinTab option you suggested as well. Here's hoping something works in the meantime, because I've been losing my mind trying to get this to function properly @_@;.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know that the 19.1.3 update did not fix the issue.  We were told that it would, so that is useful information.  If using WinTab instead of Windows Ink does the job, then please let us know.   

One thing I can tell you is that I have Windows 10 and an Intuos 4, and have never experienced the issue.  In fact I just tried to force it and was unable, so I am wondering what set of circumstances causes it to happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the Windows update this morning, and I now have the same issue. I hope I can unistall the last Windows update.

Just a few hours ago Photoshop was working perfectly, so that must be it.

Edit : Unistalling KB4099989 and KB4093112 solved it for me, thanks all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to uninstall the Windows update. Just do the following:

1. Use notepad to create a text file and type in :

UseSystemStylus 0

2. Save the file as PSUserConfig.txt in the following location
C: > Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

3. Go to the Wacom tablet properties and for Photoshop under Mapping  uncheck "Use Windows Ink"

That is it - all should now work well

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, thanks. I did 1 and 2 and they worked. I didn't need to do step three.

Do you think that this issue will resolve itself with the next update? Or should I just keep that text file there for good?
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed my issues after the update, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, im wondering if you please can help me, i tried to do the solution you said, but i don't have a Roaming folder, im a PS CC 2015 user and also a Genius tablet owner, do you have some solution for me please?

Thank you

basura.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am not sure why you are not seeing the standard three folders in AppData. Normally you would see these :

I'll copy in JJMack    to see if he can help. He has great knowledge of Windows.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gaiantt: Open Windows Explorer, navigate to the user folder where the Roaming folder should be, and try making sure "Hidden Items" is checked at the top of the Explorer toolbar:
hidden.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thank you . I checked it and it doesn't appear neither 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey GaiantT!

Maybe try to open the roaming folder through entering %appdata% in the windows search bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thank you, but did'nt work neither

Im litterally stressed out with this haha, also this start happening since yesterday's evening, should i uninstall something?

win.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys, your solution with the .txt file and pointing to the hidden folders was spot-on! Worked without having to uninstall the Windows 10 updates mentioned! Big thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem as described above.
Only after uninstalling KB4093112 I got it fixed.

Still. Annoying.

Regards

JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave for this solution. I reinstalled the removed Windows Updates and did your steps above.

I had some trouble finding the step 3 setting, but I found it under the Calibrate tab:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I did your fix - thanks. I noticed this affected all my installed CCs, but not on CS4. CC2015 (32-bit) had the Hand tool itself broken - dragging it made the scroll bars turn white. Everything seems to be copacetic now, except 2018 is the only version with Stylus dynamics. If I drop copies of the text file into the appropriate folder, will that bring the dynamics back? What about CS4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This totally worked, and actually improved the stylus performance, at least in my case because i would work with the "windows ink" activated and would always malfunction while working, like opening optical keyboard and so.

Really, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave!

Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, tried this with not much success. The pen works but PS is not recognizing pen pressure. I am using a Surface not a wacom tablet. Thanks, this is incredibly infuriating. Tried installing a wintab driver but no clue where it went

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines