Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mouse cursor disappears on external monitor

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I've been searching for hours but I can't find anybody who has this very specific bug;

my cursor disappears when it get's below a certain size.

no not the capslock thing.

actually when I push capslock I do get the precise brush thing, so that sort of works for now, but I use photoshop mainly for drawing so I really need to see how big my brush is.

the bug only happens on my external monitor and it isn't caused by the size of the brush per se, but by how small it has to be displayed on the screen.

let me explain: if I make my brush very small, it disapears,

but if I zoom in it reappears again.

so it is some sort of display bug.

and the fact that it only happens on my external display must mean something.

it's really weird and I've never encountered it before.

did multiple restarts and everything is updated.

I feel really silly that I just can't seem to fix this.

thanks to anyone who can help me!

ivo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

I am pretty sure this is a bug associated with the latest update to macOS 10.13.4. What version are you running? I am dealing with a user that is having issues with the cursor disappearing in tool bars in the latest Adobe Acrobat DC Standard. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no success. I then changed the the resolution on the external display. The only 2 resolutions where I was not experiencing the issue is 1080p and 4k. The problem was occurring at 1440p. Also do not upgrade to macOS

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes,

- Photoshop CC 2017

- High Sierra

- Macbook pro 13 inch 2017

3,1 Ghz core i5

16 gb memory

graphicscard Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

500 GB flash storage

monitor: http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27UD68-P-4k-uhd-led-monitorhttp://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27UD68-P-4k-uhd-led-monitorhttp://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27UD68-P-4k-uhd-led-monitorLG 27UD58-B 27" 4K (connected via displayport)

I don't exactly know what I was doing when it happened because at first I didn't really notice it, I just thought to myself, damn, I keep losing my cursor, hahaha then I realised it was invisible, I did a few restarts and started troubleseeking myself, then I realised that it didn't happen on my macbook screen so it is something with the external monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not help with Photoshop on a Mac I have never used OSX, OS7 and OS9 yes I gave up using Macs back then. Since then Apple gave up on their OS and switched to a unix type system and call it OSX....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty sure this is a bug associated with the latest update to macOS 10.13.4. What version are you running? I am dealing with a user that is having issues with the cursor disappearing in tool bars in the latest Adobe Acrobat DC Standard. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no success. I then changed the the resolution on the external display. The only 2 resolutions where I was not experiencing the issue is 1080p and 4k. The problem was occurring at 1440p. Also do not upgrade to macOS 10.13.4 if you haven't already it has broken most solutions to using external displays altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your reply and insights,

i am alread on 13.4, and when changing resolutions I got the same results as you pointed out.

so the "fix" for this would simply be work around it and wait for it to get patached in the next update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using it as a work around myself. I am hoping that Apple comes out with a fix soon. 10.13.4 has been an absolute nightmare. We are trying to roll out new Macbooks to an entire department and they all use external displays and adobe software. You could try rolling back to 10.13.3 not sure if that works I am going to do some testing on some machines that I luckily did not update and I will let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After testing the problem does not replicate on 10.13.3. Rolling back may be the solution. I wouldn't recommend the 10.13.5 beta either. I heard people were still having the issue with that. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue (disappearing pointer/cursor) in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.  It began following install of the MAC OS 10.13.4 version update.  Also using an LG display and macbook pro. 

Appreciate any help....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Running at 3840x2160 or 2048x1152 seems to work for me. Or you can use "low resolution mode" for any resolution and the cursor doesn't disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines