Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PNG Image Sequence Going Crazy in Edit

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I've spent an hour looking through the forums here and haven't found a solution to my problem. I have two simple PNG image sequences (with transparency) I'm looking to layer over single layers of video. This has always been super simple in the past, but all of a sudden I'm having inexplicable problems.

Here is what I'm seeing (both in the timeline and in the export):

Private video on Vimeo

Password: hooper

For your information, the BIG HOOPER logo is one PNG sequence, but the little "H" bug in the lower right is a completely different image sequence in a different folder. I have no idea why it is blending them. They are in no way touching or on the same video channel or anything. It's like my computer doesn't know which image sequence it is looking at.

For reference, here is my folder structure. The HooperBug is the little "H" and the HooperLogo is the big logo. They should not be blending, flashing, or anything.

Hooper Bug Folder Structure.jpeg

Thank you in advance for your help! Obviously this is a client job and I'm very confused.

Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Hi Michael,

This issue has been fixed in Premiere Pro CC 12.1.1: Bug fixes in Premiere Pro versions 12.1 and 12.1.1

Let us know if you're still seeing this issue.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, its a bug, they're working on a fix, and at least one thread has a promise for a patch very soon. No real idea.

There are several workarounds, but no pattern to which workaround works for which user.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2475353

One user successfully nested the pngs, and I wonder if it was a sequence. So try that: Create sequences with one png sequence each, then use those in the main sequence.

Also, be aware of the new bug/feature request system; this one has gotten attention:

April Update: Problem importing PNGs, PNGS often have artifact parts from other PSD docs, whats up? ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than wait and leave the client hanging, I would batch convert them to 32bit Tif with Photoshop and move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

This issue has been fixed in Premiere Pro CC 12.1.1: Bug fixes in Premiere Pro versions 12.1 and 12.1.1

Let us know if you're still seeing this issue.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 12.1.2 and I still have the same bug. What premiere do I need to revert back to and how do I do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi carlj,

The issue was fixed in Premiere Pro CC 12.1.1. I'm surprised to hear that you're still having the same issue.

I suspect you might be running into a similar but not the same issue. Do you mind providing screenshots or a video recording of the issue? A lot of Windows users have been running into an issue where they would see purple and green stripes while previewing their footage. This article provides more details and a solution to that issue: Green or purple streaks appear in the Source and Program monitors

Report back and let us know what you find out.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines