• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Business Catalyst hosting is no longer supported

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Business Catalyst hosting is no longer supported.  Click here for more information'

This is the response I get when trying to publish my sites!...

Clicking 'here' goes nowhere, but the generic Muse site...

I am aware of the eventual closure of business catalyst and muse etc... but this is odd.

I also can't 'manage business catalyst site' as it asks if I am connected to the internet.

Can anybody help?

Cheers

Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Hey everyone,

To reiterate what Preran has said in first response, we no longer have ability to publish a trial site on Business Catalyst unless you are left with a any free or paid sites.

However, you can still manage your existing sites. In case you are unable to do so, there might be a possibility that your trial site has been expired after the recent Business Catalyst update - Why did Adobe take down my Business Catalyst website AGAIN after saying they would keep it up through March 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't sound good. I taught a client how to update their site with Muse and they are on BC. If this happens to them, they are going to be pissed... at me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen on a trial site or during regular publishing? BC is still available for regular publishing, and will be so for a year forward. If you are trying to publish from Muse and are facing issues, please get in touch with Customer Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer Support keeps sending me back to this forum.

My page is down and I can't upload it now.

So, this is urgent!

Telephone Support does not work for Muse, the computer voice keeps telling me to contact the online-forum for any help.

Is there anybody who can definitly help me put of this?

Thank you.

best from germany,

Anke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for your frustration. Please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number along with the URL of this post over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the message button. I will raise a support case for investigation after which the team will get in touch with you in the next 24 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it would be helpful to provide detailed information about this problem and how to overcome it, as this problem applies to others as well.
We don't want a support case raised, we need an answer asap. My client's website has some updates that I usually publish to BC for them to review. Once approved I upload the code to the client's server.
This isn't a small issue that affects a few ppl, I suspect it's pretty significant. Please provide a specific answer.
Adobe is not doing anything to endure themselves with a large number of subscribers. Please step up and manage this problem properly.
regards

D Coates

Canada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

To reiterate what Preran has said in first response, we no longer have ability to publish a trial site on Business Catalyst unless you are left with a any free or paid sites.

However, you can still manage your existing sites. In case you are unable to do so, there might be a possibility that your trial site has been expired after the recent Business Catalyst update - Why did Adobe take down my Business Catalyst website AGAIN after saying they would keep it up throug...

If above is your case please reach out to the BC support through the normal BC support page: Adobe Business Catalyst - Contact

Or through the BC help and support center: Business Catalyst Support and get your site enabled

It might take a bit longer than usual due to a higher load on the team right now, but the Support Team will gladly help you.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Business Catalyst hosting is no longer supported.  Click here for more information'

This is the response I get when trying to publish my sites!...

Clicking 'here' goes nowhere, but the generic Muse site...

I have exactly the same problem as stop-motion person and all the above-

I have also just wasted the past couple of days reading and watching everything I can possibly find on the above subject, trying to work out a way around how to make this website still work after all the effort I have put in and make good on my promises to the client.. and I am totally lost !!!! For the past two months I have been learning Muse and have now almost completed my first two websites - just in time to hear the depressing announcement from Adobe that it was shutting down Muse and BC.

Yesterday,  the client asked to see an progress update. I attempted to create the temporary site with the live URL in order to send something to the client for review and I am only ever confronted with the above screen statement. I have seen in videos how easy it would have been prior to this announcement - so please find a solution to this problem - this is not enough time in order to complete this job. Why would you shut down this ability to publish live URLs when you are busy saying that Muse is operational until March 2021? I feel like I have been cut off at the knees.

In the long term,I understand that I have to find some other way of working when designing a website due to this announcement but at this very moment,  I have to at least show the client the status of the project.  Later I will have to learn extremely quickly how to recreate  it somehow using some other method and possibley even have to pay a coder, but at this moment I need some .

And yes - I have tried contacting the support centre and every way points back here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty clear Adobe has abandoned ship and we're out here alone. It's like they have a click here for life jacket button and instead they tie a cement block

around your ankle and toss you overboard

On a more serious not i feel your pain. good luck

Doug C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I teach the Adobe software and have encountered this issue. When students attempted to publish trial sites using the Muse-Business Catalyst workflow, the same "Business Catalyst is no longer supported" message displayed with no other options. I found a workaround for publishing trial sites and noted the steps here: Publishing in Muse with Business Catalyst - Google Docs Essentially, you have to set up the site in BC first before attempting to publish in Muse. I hope this helps!

-Christine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran, I just tried to log into business catalyst with my old password and it would not take it, then I changed the password and tried to login again and received this error message: ERROR: There was an error logging you into this site [ERROR: -1]. I don't have any sites up under business catalyst but I am building a site in muse now that I want to show a client, it will be hosted on a third party site after they review it and accept my design. But I needed to place it on business catalyst first. Can you please advise me how to handle this, Thanks, Kent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a same problem. The moment i updated to 2018 i am stuck. It keep saying currently associated site is not available to this user. And when i try to open new site and publish to business catalyst  nothing happens and i am unable to type trial url. Please look into this as we are going nowhere from there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Farrukhshah17, Are you able to login to the Business Catalyst admin panel. If it does not work, please provide me site URL so that I can check it. If you are able to login to site admin panel on Business Catalyst then you can try clearing preferences for Muse and try again. Regards, Gaurav Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your logic make sense. here is what i did.

I uninstalled 2018 version. Installed 2017 copy from adobe forum. Created blank website and published to business catalyst and then i updated my muse back to 2018 and finally was able to publish the site to trial business Catalys.

Before that i tried uninstalling 2018 and installing back 2018. But it didnot help.

Still beleive there were some preference issues. Thanks though. I got it resolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mee to! The will not help me at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you export your site to HTML into a folder NEWsite (or what ever), then zip the folder and send it to your client, they then can unzip the folder and click any .html file to view the entire site. At least this way you can have your client review the site without going live.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, even easier and similar to the businesscatalyst preview: go to File > Preview Site in Browser, next copy the url in your browser screen and send it to your client. You can even adjust things and go to File > Preview Site in Browser again, the address in the browser stays the same, so your client can refresh his browser and they'll see the change. Just tried it and it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do have to keep the computer you made the preview on running, since it is the server of the Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, even easier and similar to the businesscatalyst preview: go to File > Preview Site in Browser, next copy the url in your browser screen and send it to your client. You can even adjust things and go to File > Preview Site in Browser again, the address in the browser stays the same, so your client can refresh his browser and they'll see the change. Just tried it and it works for me.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong - I've tried the above with a colleague in my office but it fails to work.  error message says "Site can't be reached"

... thanks

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A message came from the BС about the closure of my test sites, since no action was taken within 30 days!))

And how can I do it, if MUSE does not allow it to be done and issues messages about some problem with the Internet. Do not think that it really is!) I have already disabled all anti-virus software - it's useless!))) There are no words - to kill such a program! ((No matter how much money it brings and at the same time contains a bunch of unnecessary mobile garbage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go to the development URL of your site and /admin and login.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just laugh! /// Yes there is no solution for this problem, I think some local IP addresses are closed!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of Muse users are looking at Webflow:

Responsive web design tool, CMS, and hosting platform | Webflow
I think you will probably find that better then what you were using with Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

$ 42 a month is too much, the remaining tariffs are unacceptable.

Then immediately in WP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wordpress or any self hosted solution:

Your client has site and you say to yourself "Wordpress, its free!"

- You pay for the hosting

- You pay for the SSL

And so on, you may think "I can get those cheap" But then you will have too.

- Manage the SSL and regular updates etc. (Cost to do so)

- Manage the server, server maintenance time etc

- Manage Wordpress security, updates, plugins

- More work for client update requests

- You yourself are the support for the server etc, you will have to engage the server company for hardware issues, and you the site/solution.

- Outages, if for big clients - You and your team will have to be around on the weekend or late nights fixing it. You wont be able to make a ticket to the service provide and for them to sort it.

I and others have documented this with articles in details and how it can cost more then hosted solutions. There are positives with more flexibility but the argument that hosted solutions cost to much is not really true. When you add everything up, especially the maintenance and cost times and support - You are the support, you can not turn to someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines