Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lasso Tool moving Canvas

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm having this problem where every time i try to use the lasso tool to select and free transform some area of my painting, it starts to drag the canvas like i was using the  move tool.

This happens when i try to select AND when i try to transform, warp or any of those functions.

Does anyone know any fix for that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Hello, the fix is to apply a Windows update that cures the issues created by a previous one : Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What version of Photoshop and OS do you have, also do you use a graphics tablet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.3 20180323.r.293 2018/03/23: 1163761  x64

SO: Windows 10 with update kb4093112, from yesterday.

I'm currently using a Wacom Intuos Pen Small CTL-480

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at this thread

Photoshop - Wacom - Latest Update Bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would thing that the update beonf a cumulative update would include KB4089848 users have problen with.  I use a Wacon Intuos Pro small and older wacom version and an older Wacom device driver.  I have confifure Wacom to use wintab API for Photoshop to support older Photoshop versions I has a few version of Photoshop installed.  I do not have Problems othther then Photoshop bugs.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are zoomed way in and your image does not fit in photoshop image display area  the image should pan when a tool like the lasso tool nears the edge of the image display area. It should scroll the document not the layer.   Some Winnows users had Panning issues after Microsoft update KB4089848.  The document pans when it should not be panning when you use some tools.  The lasso tool may pan whenever you move the cursor not only pan when you reach the edge on the display area.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the canvas size is fit to the screen, it works fine.....But when i zoom in an area of the drawing, instead of transforming, warping or distorting said area of the drawing, it drags the canvas or even the whole PS window.

Didn't had that issue yesterday.

Also, the size of the UI/Interface is big...The buttons and panels are bigger than what it was. Like i'm using it in 1366x768 instead of 1920x1080, even thou my screen resolution is set to 1920x1080. The UI scalling is set to Auto, but even at 100% it doesn't change.bandicam 2018-04-12 13-01-20-272.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UI scaling does not use the Photoshop Preference in Windows 0 and Photoshop CC 2018 19.1.3 it your  windows 10 Display scaling setting that is used. Some Windows user have problems with Windows update KB4089848 I do not   When zoomed in the bush with a normal spacing setting not 1% there is not lag and  the image is not panned on my machine. I do not use Windows INK API with Photoshop everything else uses INK.  I have old versions of Photoshop install that]xx only support WinTAB API...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I didn't knew it was attached to the OS scaling, and mine was set to 125%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, the fix is to apply a Windows update that cures the issues created by a previous one : Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines